ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Big 10 Offer for Lamareon James

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Norfolk Christian sophomore Lamareon James star continues to shine bright as he earned his first D1 football offer with the University of Maryland.

"I took a visit last March then they offered me today," James told Virginiapreps. "I loved the atmosphere at Maryland and I got to see everything that is at the school."

James attended the Rivals Camp 3 Stripe Camp Series in Charlotte and impressed the Rivals staff to earn the Mighty Mouse MVP Award among 200 applicants.

"I actually played wide receiver at the camp and I had a lot of fun competing against players with multiple D1 offers," James said. "One thing I took away from competing against some of the top prospects is that people all over the nation are as good as you so you have to work hard every opportunity you get."

The Rivals Camp offered more than just one-on-one competition. James said the coaches stressed the importance of your performance off the field.

"The camp coaches stressed fundamentals a lot they also told us if you don’t do what you have to do in the classroom you will not be eligible to play football so they stressed that a lot."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News