ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Sullivan vs IMG Academy

Who's gonna win ?

• Total voters

babY_d757

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Jul 28, 2008
Who do you think going to win Saturday night ? IMG #1-#2 school in the country from many voters websites etc . I know both are a talented but IMG more loaded with depth and expierence I pick them to win.

Not nearly as interesting as following a team with connections to their communities.
IMG represents everything that is wrong with high school football in these days and times. IMG is a school whose #1 reason for being is to prepare athletes for college sports. I don't think they even play in any kind of high school sports association, and they just barnstorm the country playing the best high school teams in America. I know that the Georgia High School Association is likely to ban schools there from playing IMG. Hope Virginia does the same.

Reactions: falcettik
Good point / question, does the VHSL prevent Bishop Sullivan from playing public schools? Seems like a good question. I suspect there are rules to prevent it. Heck, they can't find private schools to play or a league either. The lack of post season play and lack of competition could catch up to them!

Last edited:
IMG something else they are pretty much a college for HS students 8-12. You guys just don't get it places like California Ohio DMV NJ have always been about private schools that can recruit. You guys may not be interested in it but the kids are lol when they see the type of teams they play every year with traveling it attracts them. Last night game showed off pretty good BSCHS squad I'm sure more kids in the area will accept a scholarship if they receive one to BSCHS. Where I lived in California it's all public school except for 1 school that's private and usually that private school takes away the other local HS football teams best players with recruitment and the sad part is they are still allowed to face local public high schools. Time will tell how Hampton roads Private schools will look into this like Norfolk Academy and Greenbriar Christian school.

IMG something else they are pretty much a college for HS students 8-12. You guys just don't get it places like California Ohio DMV NJ have always been about private schools that can recruit. You guys may not be interested in it but the kids are lol when they see the type of teams they play every year with traveling it attracts them. Last night game showed off pretty good BSCHS squad I'm sure more kids in the area will accept a scholarship if they receive one to BSCHS. Where I lived in California it's all public school except for 1 school that's private and usually that private school takes away the other local HS football teams best players with recruitment and the sad part is they are still allowed to face local public high schools. Time will tell how Hampton roads Private schools will look into this like Norfolk Academy and Greenbriar Christian school.[/QUOTE

In Georgia the private and parochial schools play in the same association as the public schools, and yes, lately, they have had a decided upper hand against the publics, especially in the smallest classification, class A. However, at least sports is still just an extracurricular activity. At IMG they are THE reason for being.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT