ADVERTISEMENT

Boys 1A State Championship Updates

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
Altavista 12 Parry McCluer 4 end of 1. Colonels limiting the touches for Hamilton thus far

PM leads 17-15 at the half. Colonels only got three points in the 2nd quarter

Congrats to a classy team and program. Couldn't happen for a more deserving community.
I’m kind of partial to PM as my son plays on the team. And I thank you for your kind words. I wasn’t going to post this but after I read your comment I felt it would be fitting. After they won the Principal, Ms Cobb wanted to take the team through BV as we do with all our teams after a Region or State win. We have a gentleman, Paul Watts, that played on the ‘74 team, and Coach Cartolaro shared with the team before our 1st game to be thankful they were playing, and it was just a game. He told them how Paul was battling for his life, to play this season for him. When they got on the bus they took the State Trophy with them and they went by Paul’s residence and got off the bus to celebrate their win with him, to let him know they were standing with him. Coach C is a class act!! Yes, he Coached these young men to a Championship, but, he also made them better as young men.

I’m kind of partial to PM as my son plays on the team. And I thank you for your kind words. I wasn’t going to post this but after I read your comment I felt it would be fitting. After they won the Principal, Ms Cobb wanted to take the team through BV as we do with all our teams after a Region or State win. We have a gentleman, Paul Watts, that played on the ‘74 team, and Coach Cartolaro shared with the team before our 1st game to be thankful they were playing, and it was just a game. He told them how Paul was battling for his life, to play this season for him. When they got on the bus they took the State Trophy with them and they went by Paul’s residence and got off the bus to celebrate their win with him, to let him know they were standing with him. Coach C is a class act!! Yes, he Coached these young men to a Championship, but, he also made them better as young men.
I saw that on Facebook. I didn't know the story behind it, but it's great to see these young men take time for this gentleman. Coach C is a class act and it seems like the entire BV community is as well

Reactions: Mike777VSP
That's a great story Mike and it goes without saying that you have a lot to be proud of. Watching the game the other day I saw nothing but good sportsmanship from the Blues players. I saw Spencer helping up/encouraging Altavista players on multiple occasions.

PM had the great fortune of going from one legendary head basketball coach to another. This level of excellence spans for 3-4 decades now.

Man, I'm in BV right now and checked out the local paper .. did they seriously freaking release a paper with blurred up photos of the game? Are you freaking kidding me??

Oh trust me when I say this, YES THEY DID! The NG realized the mistake and will re-print the pictures and story this week.

Reactions: PQMM
I'm glad they're fixing it. But annoying regardless, especially when I consider the history of the radio station and the paper in regards to preference for Rockbridge.

Oh well.

I was floored to see VMI pull out that game yesterday. Wow!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT