ADVERTISEMENT

BOYS BASKETBALL STATE CHAMPIONSHIP POLL: WHO IS YOUR STATE CHAMPION?

Who wins the whole thing?

• Auburn

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Colonial Beach

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • Eastside

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Grundy

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Mathews

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Parry McCluer

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Riverheads

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • Sussex Central

Votes: 3 5.2%

• Total voters
Hasn't Eastside made it to the championship game twice in a row, or at least twice in very recent memory? Or do I have them confused with another team?

Reactions: Mike777VSP
Was very good game last two years, they were really good team. Auburn beat them earlier in year by 20+

I have seen Eastside play the last two years in Richmond. I saw a well coached team and good players. I believe they lost those two CHIPs because than ran up against teams that were a bit more athletic than them. I think they simply ran out of gas down the stretch.

I have seen Eastside play the last two years in Richmond. I saw a well coached team and good players. I believe they lost those two CHIPs because than ran up against teams that were a bit more athletic than them. I think they simply ran out of gas down the stretch.

Weren't one of the games an OT game? Or maybe came down to the last possession in regulation, the Lancaster game I believe.

Eastside has became the premier basketball school in 1D, they seem to consistently have those taller, lanky, athletic kids who are matchup nightmares. Luke Lawson in 2018 and now Ethan Powers. They've lost two straight state title games and had leads in the third quarter in both IIRC. But I'm not sure they can make it three trips in a row, tough matchup in their opener.

Weren't one of the games an OT game? Or maybe came down to the last possession in regulation, the Lancaster game I believe.

Eastside has became the premier basketball school in 1D, they seem to consistently have those taller, lanky, athletic kids who are matchup nightmares. Luke Lawson in 2018 and now Ethan Powers. They've lost two straight state title games and had leads in the third quarter in both IIRC. But I'm not sure they can make it three trips in a row, tough matchup in their opener.
Eastside lost to Lancaster in 2018, by three, I believe. I know they had Lawson who was like 6'8 and another kid that was 6'7. Lancaster didn't have anyone taller than 6'2, but they hung tough and ultimately pulled it out.

Eastside lost to Lancaster in 2018, by three, I believe. I know they had Lawson who was like 6'8 and another kid that was 6'7. Lancaster didn't have anyone taller than 6'2, but they hung tough and ultimately pulled it out.
I feel like Eastside had the best team in 2018 but just couldn't close it out whereas Surry was prob a better team last year that didn't wake up until the 4Q. I'm pretty sure Eastside led at the start of the 4th in both games but really struggled to make shots in the last period and that doomed them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT