ADVERTISEMENT

Central vs CC

Oct 10, 2021
Big game on Friday night. Both teams come in 5-0. 1st place in the district and region on the line. I think whoever wins this game probably goes undefeated barring an upset down the line in the regular season. My observation having seen both teams play this year.

CC- they are distributing the ball more this year than in years past. So you can't focus in on just one player. Booker, Sipe, and Palmer are getting the majority of the carries. Their o line has played well and has experience. They still don't throw the ball at all really. They will try to throw if forced but it's not very creative. Defense has played well this year but they haven't faced the best competition. They are very athletic across the board. Kicking game isn't as strong as in years past but that's expected seeing the last 3 kickers CC has had have gone on to kick in college.

Central- They are big and physical. Forbes is a monster and runs hard the entire game. He's a lot of fun to watch bc he finishes runs the way a rb should. Their QB Barahona is athletic. Throws the ball okay but they don't ask him to do it a lot. He doesn't like contact that much but when he gets in the open field he is dangerous bc he is fast and agile. Their defense is big and they swarm. Their d end I think his last name is Lopez I could be wrong he's number 18. He's a grown man. Has an offer from Maine should get several more before it is over. Plays the run great uses his hands well and when teams attempt to throw good luck blocking him. Their kicking game isn't as good as last year. One thing that could play a factor is Central has been tested having played Riverheads.

So with that being said I could see a 21-14 game going either way. The last 2 games have been 1 score games with CC winning 2 years ago and Central winning last year. Clarke was up 14-0 last year at halftime. Central made adjustments and scored 21 unanswered. Should be a good game.

Lopez will have offers from Wake, VT, UVA before its over. I think JMU and ODU have recently offered. He will easily be the Class 2 Defensive POY in Virginia.

Two heavyweights for the past decade or so in the Bull Run. This game will likely determine the district champion along with the #1 seed in the region.

This is the first time in a long time that I can remember Clarke County having more than one so called featured back to where the carries are so split up which is a good thing. Up front they are strong and quick. Everyone in the state knows what they are going to do on offense. Being this will be their first true test of the season will the defense be able to stop the powerful running game of Central.

As far as Central goes they were tested by Riverheads in the season opener. They are led by Forbes and Lopez both who are studs whenever they are on the field. Forbes is the type of back that I like he runs hard and finishes runs with his pads. He does not look to juke people he looks to run you over. He is a very good inside linebacker as well. Lopez at his defensive end spot is a monster in the run game and if you pass like said before good luck blocking him. You will have to have help to block him either by chipping or double teaming him. He is also playing some tight end this year as well.

This game will be won in the trenches. Whoever dominates the LOS wins the game. I have to give Central the edge this week because almost all of those boys have had the big game experience of the last 2 years in the state semi finals and the state finals. I think the Falcons win 24-21

Two heavyweights for the past decade or so in the Bull Run. This game will likely determine the district champion along with the #1 seed in the region.

This is the first time in a long time that I can remember Clarke County having more than one so called featured back to where the carries are so split up which is a good thing. Up front they are strong and quick. Everyone in the state knows what they are going to do on offense. Being this will be their first true test of the season will the defense be able to stop the powerful running game of Central.

As far as Central goes they were tested by Riverheads in the season opener. They are led by Forbes and Lopez both who are studs whenever they are on the field. Forbes is the type of back that I like he runs hard and finishes runs with his pads. He does not look to juke people he looks to run you over. He is a very good inside linebacker as well. Lopez at his defensive end spot is a monster in the run game and if you pass like said before good luck blocking him. You will have to have help to block him either by chipping or double teaming him. He is also playing some tight end this year as well.

This game will be won in the trenches. Whoever dominates the LOS wins the game. I have to give Central the edge this week because almost all of those boys have had the big game experience of the last 2 years in the state semi finals and the state finals. I think the Falcons win 24-21
I've seen both teams this year as a neutral observer. From what I've seen, I'd have to give the edge to Clarke right now. They're a well oiled machine with their single wing and their defense is very tough. KW had trouble moving the ball at times on CC. On Friday night, KW had over 300 yards rushing on Central, (their #1 back had over 200) running their version of the single wing, which they really just put in a couple of weeks ago. But Central and CC are huge rivals and know each other well, so I expect a hard fought game. Clarke 28 Central 17

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT