ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Dull stepping down as head coach for RE Lee

Keith_Stone33

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 30, 2013
Health concerns are the likely reason.. Assistant coach Tampa Stuart has been the interim coach twice throughout the playoffs for the Lee Ladies the past two seasons.

The next coach will be the 4th in 5 years. It is difficult to build a consistent program when you are rotating coaches so often. Jeremy Hartman and Tampa Stuart are the two replacements that came to mind first when I heard the news. I think Tampa has the edge, being that she has been with the team the past few years and has been the head coach for the JV the past couple seasons. I just hope whoever comes in next can provide some consistency for the program.

Secret Bryant also transferring to Miller

She will reclassify and play there. Great player with huge upside.

Re: Secret Bryant also transferring to Miller

Are you familiar with the team? How do you think it will be with her transferring? How do you think they will be next year and the coming years?

Re: Secret Bryant also transferring to Miller

Losing Secret is definitely going to be a crucial loss, especially combined with Katelynn Corbett graduating. I don't have the exact numbers in front of me to back it up but I would say about 80 percent of the offense from this year's team is gone. With that being said, I honestly see some potential with this team (not Wilson girl's potential, but some potential to pull off a few upsets). I'm not sure how familiar you are with the Lee boys team, but I can see the Chance Sheffey effect happening here. When Chance left, other players were forced to step up instead of relying on him so much, so Corree Darcus, Gunner Cook, and Darius took their games to another level this year. So back to the girls, they relied on Katelynn and Secret to do everything offensively that sometimes they were playing 2 on 5 on offense.

Jesse Bartley played really well in the playoffs this year, and specifically the Wilson game where she was one of the only ones to get off the bus, and I would have put her as the team MVP for the postseason. If she picks up where she left off, she could be the leader of the team in likely every category as she can defend every position, rebound, and is probably the best offensive weapon coming back. Payton Hicks, Kemper Snyder, and Sara Sabo are three other returning players who can really play. Sabo is really fast and good on defense, Snyder is an athletic, shut down defender and I look for her to have a breakout season as she had some big games this year-- if she improves her touch around the basket, she will average double digit points and likely be the second leading scorer on the team. Payton Hicks has good size, and can score, which will be needed this year. Amber Johnson will likely be Secrets replacement, and while she wont likely be an upgrade to the position this year, she is a solid Point. There are 2 good players that took last year off, that will be needed next year: Lizzy Snyder and Ree Sterret. Ree is good on defense, rebounding, and around the basket, while Lizzy can play every position except Center. She handles the ball well and can get to the hoop. Hannah Woodard got kicked off the team this year and hopefully she comes back as she is a STUD-- she's a pretty complete player and I hope she comes back! There was a girl who moved up fro the JV squad, Shantel Bates (I think) and she has the size and hustle to be a GREAT defender/rebounder. I think she could be really good if she worked on her game. There is another girl from the JV squad who can handle the ball and shoot named Sonia who will probably see some playing time next year too. If I am leaving anyone out, it is not intentional, just doing this off the top of my head.

Secret and Katelynn leaving could end up being a blessing in disguise for these girls as they wont be able to sit around and watch those 2 carry the team, they will have to actually step up. On the other hand, if they aren't up to the task, it could be a long season. Hopefully the new coach will get them moving in the right direction.
This post was edited on 4/10 11:11 AM by Keith_Stone33

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT