ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions Coastal Plain Plus: Regional Semi-final Outlook

TheSel2

VaPreps All Region
Staff
Apr 29, 2003
The playoffs roll on as several big games will be rolling on and one won't. Will there be any big upsets this week? Who will be practicing Here is a look at Friday's action and predictions

REGION A Class 1

Johnson2.jpeg
Kam Johnson is projected to have a hug on the ground for the Trojans.

WEST POINT (7-3) at ESSEX (6-1)

The defending Class 1 Region A champion West Point Pointers go to Tappahannock in hopes of putting it all together. The Trojans don't expect to be caught napping anymore like they did when they were upset by Washington & Lee. Kam Robinson and Dorian Harris must get going early. The Pointers have shown flashes of greatness and will need Friday to be one of those nights.
PREDICTION: Essex 34 West Point 19

NORTHUMBERLAND (7-2) at KING & QUEEN CENTRAL (9-1)
The Indians face a Tiger team who has their vision set on the Region A championship. Northumberland has the talent in order to make this one the game of the week. Cameron Seldon will need to showcase his greatness as Kam Berry will stretch the Indians on night.
PREDICTION: King & Queen Central 44 Northumberland 28

REGION B Class 1

Riverheads8.jpeg
Riverheads advances to the Region B Championship, William Campbell forfeits. The Gladiators will have to wait another week to take the field.

CENTRAL LUNENBURG (8-2) at BUFFALO GAP (7-3)

Both teams are battle tested and run familiar offensive attacks but the speed and power of the Chargers could be the deciding factor. Jeffrey Hildebrand and Dylan Alphin will have to make big plays in order to make Lunenburg take risks offensively. If Connor Mattox has to throw more than handing it off to Kemarion Watson and Nyjae Carter then things will swing in Gap's favor.
PREDICTION: Central Lunenburg 38 Buffalo Gap 20

Harris5.jpeg
Antonio Harris will need to make plays in order for the Raiders to challenge the Cougars.

AMELIA COUNTY (8-3) at NOTTOWAY (10-0)
The Cougars handled the Raiders last time and the pressure will be on the Raiders offense to catch the Nottoway defense biting on the play action as it will be needed to get Amelia down the field. Nottoway's defense is their heart and soul and if Amelia can rattle them early then maybe this can be a game.
PREDICTION: Nottoway 28 Amelia County 6

POQUOSON (6-4) at KING WILLIAM (9-1)
The Bull Islanders are a strong running team and they will try to keep the game within reach of the high powered Cavalier offense led by Demond Claiborne. Poquoson isn't too shabby themselves as Josh Markley has the speed and vision to make any defense pay. Poquoson wasn't able to hang with Lafayette's offensive might and this is as big of a challenge for them.
PREDICTION: King William 46 Poquoson 21

OTHER PREDICTIONS:

Phoebus 24 Hopewell 20
York 32 Booker T Washington 28

Reecesdad - I will tell you that some folks (who I consider knowledgeable people) have told me that they think West Point may or will be able to pull it off this year over Essex...

Good luck to both teams... I will congratulate the victors of both Region A games. This is an interesting year to make projections in Football.

Well, except for Riverheads...sorry man, no one in Region A has even a remote chance of defeating the Big Red Machine this year.

But hey, you gotta have hope. And that's why you play the game - as they say.

Reactions: Reecesdad
Anyone can get beat so no need to put the cart before the horse. Gap and Central are damn good teams too so whomever wins that will have to be dealt with before talking about the state semis. In Region A I think WP has a shot to beat Essex but until someone does it they are the favorite and a very tough out. K&Q/Northumberland seem kinda similar from a distance with lots of speed touching the ball on a regular basis. Are either of the games from out that way going to be streamed this evening?

Reactions: uvacavs1
Anyone can get beat so no need to put the cart before the horse. Gap and Central are damn good teams too so whomever wins that will have to be dealt with before talking about the state semis. In Region A I think WP has a shot to beat Essex but until someone does it they are the favorite and a very tough out. K&Q/Northumberland seem kinda similar from a distance with lots of speed touching the ball on a regular basis. Are either of the games from out that way going to be streamed this evening?
Not sure about Essex, but K&Q does live stream their football games on the NFHS Network.

Sometimes KQ will put their games on the King and Queen Public Schools You Tube page, but they don't have NFHS
Thanks....I know that you know what's up there.

Interesting...I have watched K&Q on my big TV before. I just assumed I was using the NFHS app...as I do not do Facebook ...I guess I had someone put it on Facebook for me...

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Thanks....I know that you know what's up there.

Interesting...I have watched K&Q on my big TV before. I just assumed I was using the NFHS app...as I do not do Facebook ...I guess I had someone put it on Facebook for me...
Many games a parent will post it on Facebook Live. All of their spring games were on You Tube and I think they've done a couple on there this fall too. The only game of theirs this season that I remember being on NFHS was the first Colonial Beach game and that was because CB had the NFHS Network.

Many games a parent will post it on Facebook Live. All of their spring games were on You Tube and I think they've done a couple on there this fall too. The only game of theirs this season that I remember being on NFHS was the first Colonial Beach game and that was because CB had the NFHS Network.

Would you mind posting how to watch it later if it is not on the K&Q school's page? I do have the YouTube app so all good there.

Also, for the Essex v WP game too if it is online somewhere? Thanks - I am not sure yet as to my plans.

Last edited:
Would you mind posting how to watch it later if it is not on the K&Q school's page?

Also, for the Essex v WP game too if it is online somewhere? Thanks - I am not sure yet as to my plans.
If it's not on the school You Tube page, then the only other way would be through a parent's Facebook page and I don't think you can even see that unless you're Facebook friends with that person.

If it's not on the school You Tube page, then the only other way would be through a parent's Facebook page and I don't think you can even see that unless you're Facebook friends with that person.
As for the Essex and WP game, I haven't heard anything about that game but I'm sure Essex Trojan 1 and/or Reecesdad will at least be giving updates on here

Even though most of us know that Riverheads will defeat the Region A Champion this year, I am proud to say that at least whoever it is (Essex, K&Q, Northumberland, or West Point), the team from the Northern Neck/Tidewater area will at least show up to do battle with the Big Red Machine :).

Reactions: Reecesdad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT