ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial Forge/Lake Braddock

OCBoy

VaPreps All Region
Nov 12, 2001
Its real stupid to think both these northern va teams will have to travel to Richmond to play a semifinal match at the Siegal Center. Find a gym in Prince William County and play there. Garfield or Woodbridge would be a good idea but having to travel all the way to Richmond is just crazy. The vhsl should have a clause stating a game can be moved to accommodate both teams.

The Siegal Center is a great environment to play in and the players will remember it for the rest of their life. They get to use the VCU team locker rooms and press room before and after the game. I know the travel sucks for us fans but if they make it to the final 4 the kids deserve it

I thought Robinson was a super site. Why would they not play there? Having said that, playing a semifinal at Siegel is an advantage for the team advancing if its opponent played a semi in another location. They get a dry run for the championship and are familiar with the facility. It is not a terribly long trip either unless there is a wreck that ties up traffic. ;-)

The Stafford, Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg area schools were assigned VCU

I guess it says something about the status of the basketball tournament in Virginia when people suggest some of these tiny venues for a semifinal game in the state's largest class.

This post was edited on 3/3 3:39 PM by otnorot

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT