ADVERTISEMENT

Homie can't stay out of the news...

In these days and times it’s hard to speak with truth on many subjects without having to apologize, be PC, and pander down. I’ve read this article a couple of times and I see things both ways. Truth is, many non basketball and football sports (I’ll throw softball and baseball in there too) have these same issues. In the spring, you have 40 to sometimes 60 kids on both track teams, two soccer teams, plus off season conditioning for football vying time to be on, what’s often the case, one to two fields and the weight room. It’s up to the coaches/AD to coordinate what’s fair and workable for everyone. Her statements sounds like a normal high school sports program to me.

I think there can be two perspectives, but not sure how making a recognizably racist statement fits into either perspective.

Is it PC to not be racist? Is that the PC line?

Last edited:
I think there can be two perspectives, but not sure how making a recognizably racist statements fits into either perspective.

Is it PC to not be racist? Is that the PC line?
I was totally ignoring the ignorant comment made up top. I was speaking on forming an opinion in writing on this article.

Word. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by it, but it’s still shocking to me to encounter open racism in 2024.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I don’t equate racism with politics. I don’t think it’s a political opinion to call out racism for what it is.

Now, perhaps you could equate the track coach’s grievance as political. I don’t, but I guess you could.

I can’t speak for EPJr.

Reactions: gwb16
I don’t equate racism with politics. I don’t think it’s a political opinion to call out racism for what it is.

Now, perhaps you could equate the track coach’s grievance as political. I don’t, but I guess you could.

I can’t speak for EPJr.
I’m black and institutionally there’s a lot of racism we can call out. I just wish more people on here talked ball.

the new mantra of the right is to attack anyone calling out racism, sexism or any other bad behavior as being political.
Big dawg, it’s more talk about this than what this board is actually for. If I want to talk racism and politics, I can go to the comments of my local news station on Facebook.

Reactions: gwb16 and MMQP 6.0
My bad, Matt says I can't comment on how race obsessed EP Jr. is because doing so is "inappropriate". I wonder why this site is dying.
This site has become a joke. There’s some fine posters that I know personally and I have no problem with the moderators, however, I’ve had my full government name 2x and job exposed on here in the past year for talking ball. It’s sad considering the way NC Preps’ posters are talking ball and there’s absolutely nothing on their boards but BALL.

Professional and college sports are going to sh*ts. It’s all political and dramatic. High school ball is our safe space. Let’s keep it that way.

This site has become a joke. There’s some fine posters that I know personally and I have no problem with the moderators, however, I’ve had my full government name 2x and job exposed on here in the past year for talking ball. It’s sad considering the way NC Preps’ posters are talking ball and there’s absolutely nothing on their boards but BALL.

Professional and college sports are going to sh*ts. It’s all political and dramatic. High school ball is our safe space. Let’s keep it that way.

Yep, I've had people try to dox me on here over the years as well.

The easiest way to get people to return to this site and for it to thrive is to talk strictly about BALL. And the admins could easily make that happen by simply banning anything that deviates away from that. But they're more interested in assisting/pushing one side of a political/social agenda rather than being unbiased. That is why I started pushing back 4 years ago (geez, really been that long?) when the boards turned into "lockdown mania". 7 screen names later here we are lol....while the people on the other side of that argument never once were met with punishment.

Good to see you still around Man. One of the best posters on here.

Yep, I've had people try to dox me on here over the years as well.

The easiest way to get people to return to this site and for it to thrive is to talk strictly about BALL. And the admins could easily make that happen by simply banning anything that deviates away from that. But they're more interested in assisting/pushing one side of a political/social agenda rather than being unbiased. That is why I started pushing back 4 years ago (geez, really been that long?) when the boards turned into "lockdown mania". 7 screen names later here we are lol....while the people on the other side of that argument never once were met with punishment.

Good to see you still around Man. One of the best posters on here.
Likewise bro! Hope all is well with you. God willing, I’ll see some games up your way this year. Will be nice to see Hayfield battle some of the better teams in the DMV.

Reactions: MMQP 6.0
Likewise bro! Hope all is well with you. God willing, I’ll see some games up your way this year. Will be nice to see Hayfield battle some of the better teams in the DMV.

You definitely don't hear much about the schools on the eastern side of Fairfax County, when it comes to football at least. I've always heard that SSSA and Episcopal raid those schools for all of their talent for sports like football and lacrosse. No clue if that is true or not.

I'm still irked that DeMatha and Freedom didn't finish their game last season!!! Freedom had them on the ropes!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT