ADVERTISEMENT

Colonial Forge Transfer, QB Lowe from Riverbend.

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
High school notebook: Lowe transfers to Colonial Forge

By TAFT COGHILL JR. THE FREE LANCE-STAR Jul 25, 2018 (…)

FILE / THE FREE LANCE-STAR

The graduation of a three-year starting quarterback is typically alarming for many high school football programs.

But Colonial Forge seems set at signal-caller despite the graduation of All-Area pick Ethan Garwood. Former Riverbend starter Madden Lowe is officially enrolled in Colonial Forge and he’ll battle with junior varsity call-up Mason Adams for the right to be the Eagles’ starter this season.

Lowe, a rising junior, was the varsity backup for the Bears as a freshman before taking over as the full-time starter last fall.

“He brings that experience,” Eagles first-year head coach John Brown said. “He has a good arm and he’s going to have to compete with [Adams]. He knows that. He’s had a good attitude since he’s been with us. He’s very savvy.”

Lowe completed 57 percent of his passes for 1,445 yards, 12 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 2017. He helped lead the Bears to the second round of the Region 6B playoffs where they lost to Colonial Forge, 24–14.

I don't think this is considered a "big transfer" in the Fredericksburg area....

How would Colonial Forge be without Lowe?
Good question but I put money on it that Manchester or Forge will be playing Oscar Smith for a chance to go to the championship. Forge reloads so some how they would have a replacement. It’s not even set in stone that the Lowe kid will even be the starter. I think this post has more to do with a “get back” from the backlash over the Oscar smith transfer from last year than Lowe actually transferring

Last edited:
From the film I saw, Lowe should be a pretty good fit in their offensive scheme. Id be surprised if he wasn't their starting QB. Did he start in their 1st scrimmage?

No get back from Smith's concern. It seems there are a lot of transfers throughout the 757 every year. They seem to get a few kids that both transfer in and out of their program. Right or wrong, transfers don't seem that big of a deal down here.

Reactions: OCBoy
From the film I saw, Lowe should be a pretty good fit in their offensive scheme. Id be surprised if he wasn't their starting QB. Did he start in their 1st scrimmage?

No get back from Smith's concern. It seems there are a lot of transfers throughout the 757 every year. They seem to get a few kids that both transfer in and out of their program. Right or wrong, transfers don't seem that big of a deal down here.
I’ve never seen the kid play. Never knew who he was until reading the free lance star

Riverbend was tough. They played probably the toughest schedule in the state
I am telling you guys Manchester is loaded. If not now then I don't know when they could ever do it. If you look at the top 30 recruit804 athletes half of them play for Manchester. Big D-1 prospects too in terms of body types. Not just good high school players but players that could impact the next level. I just hope they don't run so much with Brandon Clarke this year. Too risky! Just let him throw the ball unless he is scrambling. Too many designed runs last year for a kid with a ND scholarship IMO

No doubt Manchester will be good but getting past Colonial Forge takes another level of intensity. They really need to watch the 2016 & 17 6 South Regional games between Forge & Smith to understand what it takes. I think the intensity was higher at those games than vs Westfield in Hampton!

I just wish they would rebracket at the Regional Semi-Finals. It would be more interesting to have Colonial Forge vs Ocean Lakes on one side & Manchester vs O. Smith on the other bracket. The current format is getting old with likely Manchester vs Forge & O Lakes vs O Smith AGAIN in 2018! (I think most would predict this scenario).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT