ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Freedom!

Very crazy how this sounds like a mirror image of Freedom vs Varina earlier in the season. I didn’t see it of course but congrats to Freedom.

Reactions: HooSprings
Would you say Freedom was the better team across the board and had some let downs that let the springers back in the game or what’s your synopsis of that game?

Would you say Freedom was the better team across the board and had some let downs that let the springers back in the game or what’s your synopsis of that game?
IMO it comes down to Freedom got up early... Coach Loren Johnson said it best in post-game presser on their early struggles "we didn't execute".

Springers fought to get back in this game and the intensity between both teams never wavered.

Watched the game finally and i really feel for Braxton of HS because had he played i think he would’ve helped make an impact. He’s a senior right? If so what schools are looking at him? Every game of Springs I’ve seen he’s stood out as the best player to me. Sad he didn’t get to go out with his boys smh.

The final score doesn't tell the whole truth, Freedom was at least two touchdowns better than Highland Springs. Freedom had several penalties and gave them a lot of short fields to work with along with two easy scores, especially on the punt. They went up early and then got complacent before answering back when the Springers got some lucky scores to get back in it. This game was never in doubt. Freedom didn't even need their QB, because Overton ran over, around, and through their defense all game.

• Haha
Reactions: HooSprings
The final score doesn't tell the whole truth, Freedom was at least two touchdowns better than Highland Springs. Freedom had several penalties and gave them a lot of short fields to work with along with two easy scores, especially on the punt. They went up early and then got complacent before answering back when the Springers got some lucky scores to get back in it. This game was never in doubt. Freedom didn't even need their QB, because Overton ran over, around, and through their defense all game.
Only part of this I can agree with is that Overton was running over, around and through the defense. Cannot argue that point. Freedom was the better team, they made the plays when it mattered most.

What I will argue is this game was never in doubt. Short fields, penalties... that's all part of the game. Teams at every level... high school, college and pro get back into games due to those and other factors. The only thing that the Springers didn't do was force a turnover and that's a credit to Freedom. Who knows what would have happened had the Springers had more time at the end... maybe they go down the field and score, get the two-point conversion and force OT.

I'm not going to take anything away from Freedom, they earned it and looked impressive doing it but to downplay the Springers resiliency is a bit disrespectful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT