ADVERTISEMENT

D3 rankings after 10/10/16 games

Dec 18, 2012
Doesn't look like the order will change even after Roanoke Catholic stomped Fuqua last night. Things got closer, but it looks like it will be #1 Fuqua, #2 Quantico, #3 Roanoke Catholic, #4 Richmond Christian. Fuqua will probably drop a bit after they play Shores Friday and North Cross next week. RC will move up, but will it be enough to catch Quantico?

I hope that was said in a sarcastic way OUTWEST1. RC is clearly the best team in D3, not even close. It is all about scheduling. RC has played 4 of their 7 games against D3 teams or comparable teams worth only 6 points and 2 of those teams have no wins. The 4 wins of Fuqua's 5 games have been against D2 teams and they get 9 points for each of those wins. The VISAA point system is flawed, no doubt. Hopefully the system will pan out and final seedings will reflect the quality of the teams, RC, Fuqua, Quantico, Richmond.

I was being sarcastic. It's clear who the best team is. I had some time this morning so I checked out the point system, which I have never taken the time to understand. On the first run through, it looks like RC overtook Quantico. Here's what I get: Fuqua 8, RC 7.28, Quantico 7 and Richmond 6.4. It will be shocking if Fuqua can pull out wins against either Atlantic Shores or North Cross. Quantico appears to have a somewhat challenging game against North Hampton coming up, but, even if they run the table, it looks like they drop to #2 at the end, assuming projections for Fuqua are accurate. What surprises me most about this season is how "down" both D3 and D2 are this year. Catholic is better than most teams in D2.

Outwest I have it ranked like d4football fan. Here are my numbers Fuqua 8.00, Quantico 7.50, RC 7.14, Richmond 6.40. I think you gave Fishburne 2 wins when doing RC calculations. Fishburne's win against Grace is not recognized as a VISAA game and does not count in figuring up rankings.

Last edited:
Are you factoring in bonus points for Catholic they receive for losing to North Cross? NorthCross has seven wins and a possibility of ten wins. That means 3-5 extra points... I think. It was really good for Catholic to play North Cross and I hate to think they will be penalized in the standings. Catholic could beat every team in D2 save Blue Ridge.

Those points aren't awarded until the end of the season, though. It's a shame RC couldn't have scheduled a 10th game. It's starting to look like, as long as Quantico wins out, they will get the #1 spot and have to play either Fuqua or Richmond at home in the first round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT