ADVERTISEMENT

Dogwood District Schedules

MascotMemorizer

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Oct 30, 2007
Dogwood District Spring Preview:

Baseball - 7 schools (Galileo doesn't have baseball or softball)
Softball - Just like baseball, 7 schools (Chatham only has varsity)
Boys Soccer - 6 teams (All but Gretna & William Campbell has a team)
Girls Soccer - 5 teams ( Dan River girls team returns after not having enough players in 2021. Dogwood teams this year (DR, Chatham, Appomattox, Altavista, & Nelson County)
Track - all 8 schools (William Campbell and Altavista each got a rubberized track in the offseason)

Reactions: EPJr

Girls Soccer - 5 teams ( Dan River girls team returns after not having enough players in 2021. Dogwood teams this year (DR, Chatham, Appomattox, Altavista, & Nelson County)
Track - all 8 schools (William Campbell and Altavista each got a rubberized track in the offseason)
so nobody plays Lacrosse yet?
It is the up and coming sport in this area
among the former soccer moms!

So rubber tracks are Altavista, Appomattox, Nelson, and William Campbell, with Galileo having one in a year or two once the new Danville track is built. That track will instantly be the best track as I believe it's going to be eight lanes and rubber, as currently Chatham has the only eight-lane track while four other schools have rubber tracks. It'll be quite the drive for Appomattox and Nelson to come to Galileo but I know Chatham and Dan River wouldn't mind that trip.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
so nobody plays Lacrosse yet?
It is the up and coming sport in this area
among the former soccer moms!
No one down here plays lacrosse. Gretna still doesn't have soccer, and most schools have to be really flexible to have all of softball, girls track, and girls soccer. Many girls play multiple sports in the spring and doing so is the only way those programs field teams. I don't know how small schools offer soccer, lacrosse, track, tennis, softball/baseball. Is there any 1A/2A school offering all of them?

No one down here plays lacrosse. Gretna still doesn't have soccer, and most schools have to be really flexible to have all of softball, girls track, and girls soccer. Many girls play multiple sports in the spring and doing so is the only way those programs field teams. I don't know how small schools offer soccer, lacrosse, track, tennis, softball/baseball. Is there any 1A/2A school offering all of them?
actually I was thinking more about boy's Lax rather than girls.

Reactions: MascotMemorizer
Nobody plays LaCrosse down in this area, Baseball/Softball still rule the spring in our area.

Honestly, when the county built the 8-lane track at Chatham, they should have rubberized it. Chatham is the center-most high school in the county.
Dan River to Chatham - 17 minutes (12.6 miles)
Tunstall to Chatham - 20 minutes (14 miles)
Gretna to Chatham - 16 minutes (13.4 miles)

actually I was thinking more about boy's Lax rather than girls.
Lacrosse was one of the sports I use to go to their games when I attended JMU, since we didn't have it at our high school. Men's and Women's Lacrosse are two different games IMHO. Averett in Danville just got a Lacrosse program back in the 2017-18 school year and the closest public schools that play LAX are in North Carolina.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT