ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Double Digit Offers For Battle

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
LC Bird junior Jamon Battle (6-foot-4) has added a few offers since receiving his initial offer earlier this year. Battle was offered by Maryland Eastern Shore and Canisius within days of each other. James Madison and Towson followed with offers and now Battle has reached double digits with a recent haul.

"The latest have been Norfolk State, Central Connecticut State, Eastern Kentucky, Austin Peay and Old Dominion," Battle said. "I also have interest from VCU, Quinnipiac, Mount St Mary, and Deleware."

Battle averaged double as a junior displaying the ability to run the floor, defend multiple positions, and stroke it from outside. After completing his first season at LC Bird, Battle is now playing AAU basketball for Team Loaded on the Adidas circuit. He says the competition will help sharpen his game and make him a better basketball player.

"We started off well with a championship in the 1st tournament and we lost in the championship game in the second tournament," he said. "I matched up pretty well with other players and I was usually relied on to guard the best player from other team. The high school season helped me get my name out there and coaches like the fact that I play hard, play defense, I attack the basket well and have a nice 3-point shot. I try add something to my game every chance I get."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News