ADVERTISEMENT

Finals in Girls- West

Dec 8, 2018
Blues vs PH Glade Spring

Galax vs Honaker

Who you got??

I believe we see a rematch of tonight. PM vs Galax in final 4.

As the old saying goes...We shall see!

I know what kind of team the Lady Blues have
I have total respect for them but you can't have a upset if you don't believe it can happen.
I'm hoping PM loses a little focus and sort of goes through the motions which could leave the door open for a upset.

Tigers will first need to get by a very tough Galax team. Which will be really hard. However I see a win coming

Reactions: Mike777VSP
I know what kind of team the Lady Blues have
I have total respect for them but you can't have a upset if you don't believe it can happen.
I'm hoping PM loses a little focus and sort of goes through the motions which could leave the door open for a upset.

Tigers will first need to get by a very tough Galax team. Which will be really hard. However I see a win coming
Don’t count on PM not being focused. The last two games have been the hardest 2 games these girls have ever played. Not because of the opponent but from a death in our community. It was a person that many of these girls were well connected. He died the morning that they played George Wythe. That may have been the toughest for them emotionally. But they will be ready this week. These girls have done this together for a long time and I don’t look for them to lay down now. Go Blue!!!

Anything can happen but PM won’t lose focus. I suspect you are about to see how weak the Southwest is. But I’ll apologize if Honaker beats Galax.

Don’t count on PM not being focused. The last two games have been the hardest 2 games these girls have ever played. Not because of the opponent but from a death in our community. It was a person that many of these girls were well connected. He died the morning that they played George Wythe. That may have been the toughest for them emotionally. But they will be ready this week. These girls have done this together for a long time and I don’t look for them to lay down now. Go Blue!!!

I'm so sorry to hear this kind of news. Of course I also come from a small town and things like that affect everyone. Prayers to all involved and good luck to your Blues next week.

PM will beat PH by 40+ in this game, it will not be close. PH can't handle the full court pressure or man to man defense.

The Galax vs Honaker game could go either way, with each team having a girl that ranks among the top five girls in 1A. Galax will have a fast start to go up early, losing the lead in the 3rd. Honaker pulls it out in a tight one, coming from behind in the 2nd half to win.

Honaker vs PM, once again PM is just to much. Honaker has to play a perfect game while PM has to be off all game, it just won't happen, PM by 30+.

Surry vs PM rematch, Surrys best chance to win state will be next year. PM is in a class of their own, they won as sophomores, and again as juniors, they will win as seniors!

Are any of these PM girls playing college ball?

PM will beat PH by 40+ in this game, it will not be close. PH can't handle the full court pressure or man to man defense.

The Galax vs Honaker game could go either way, with each team having a girl that ranks among the top five girls in 1A. Galax will have a fast start to go up early, losing the lead in the 3rd. Honaker pulls it out in a tight one, coming from behind in the 2nd half to win.

Honaker vs PM, once again PM is just to much. Honaker has to play a perfect game while PM has to be off all game, it just won't happen, PM by 30+.

Surry vs PM rematch, Surrys best chance to win state will be next year. PM is in a class of their own, they won as sophomores, and again as juniors, they will win as seniors!

Are any of these PM girls playing college ball?
Peyton Mohler is going to Davis and Elkins in WV.

Peyton Mohler worked hard and deserves all she gets. She had her sights set on playing at the next level, great ball player and even better kid.

I apologize but I’ll need to watch game first. Lol

Just for reference I have seen Honaker play this year. I will still take PM by 20+.

Congrats see you Tuesday.

PH was closed than expected and Honaker won. Maybe the West isn't so weak???

But PM still beats Honaker and wins it all

That game was never out of PM’s hands. Didn’t play well at all and still won pretty big. If PM played that team 5 times they would win by 30-40 points in 4 of them.

That game was never out of PM’s hands. Didn’t play well at all and still won pretty big. If PM played that team 5 times they would win by 30-40 points in 4 of them.
A lot time when team doesn’t play very well the other team contributes to that

Reactions: Gunz41
A lot time when team doesn’t play very well the other team contributes to that

The Blues won by 20 in a blow out game and was up 21 to 8 after the first quarter. With 6 of PHs 8 points coming from the foul line. The foul count was 14 to 3 in PH favor Up until midway through the 3rd quarter. Even with the foul calls the game wasn't close.
What are we even talking about here ? Who is suggesting the game was close ? PH is a young team that will have a good shot the next couple of years but had no shot at all yesterday.

The Honaker game may be a different story. Because of unfortunate circumstances the Blues could be facing a very tough task.

All I am saying is you said they didn’t play well but if they blew them out then they must played pretty well

You're awful arrogant
Nobody is being arrogant. A 20 point win speaks for itself and I think PH will be a contender in the next couple of years as they are young. There was never a point in that game where anyone thought that PM would lose the game.

Nobody is being arrogant. A 20 point win speaks for itself and I think PH will be a contender in the next couple of years as they are young. There was never a point in that game where anyone thought that PM would lose the game.

You said they would win by 40+ points. That's pretty arrogant and wasn't true, PH only lost by 20

From an outside perspective who doesn't care who wins, I think it goes to how things are these days. When teams are heavily favored (whether correctly or not), and it's not as big a margin as expected, a lot of times its "well we played terrible or we should have won by more."

That may not have been the motive here, but when that happens, it appears that its not giving the opponent credit for keeping it closer than expected, or trying to explain away why the team didn't win by more, even when they win by a lot.

Again just an outside view of how things COULD look, and it certainly doesn't just apply with this game, this school, this sport, or just high school sports. Just think of how many times you have heard that.

And then, just for perspective, think of 2 other things. Think of being on the other side, where you're on the losing end, and having it said, well you SHOULD have lost by more. Or think of a time when you were on the side of the statement "well it was closer than it looks."

From an outside perspective who doesn't care who wins, I think it goes to how things are these days. When teams are heavily favored (whether correctly or not), and it's not as big a margin as expected, a lot of times its "well we played terrible or we should have won by more."

That may not have been the motive here, but when that happens, it appears that its not giving the opponent credit for keeping it closer than expected, or trying to explain away why the team didn't win by more, even when they win by a lot.

Again just an outside view of how things COULD look, and it certainly doesn't just apply with this game, this school, this sport, or just high school sports. Just think of how many times you have heard that.

And then, just for perspective, think of 2 other things. Think of being on the other side, where you're on the losing end, and having it said, well you SHOULD have lost by more. Or think of a time when you were on the side of the statement "well it was closer than it looks."

Exactly .Thank you.

Surry will beat PM this year by 10 or more...for the record. You heard it here first!

Gosh, now you are messing it up for me. Since I have no allegiance and couldn't care less who wins, I wanted to see the continued talk of "we can beat them" "everyone underestimates us and who we play" "we are champs and nobody is close"

So I wanted to read the trash talk and/or "reasons" after those games. But ai guess that just means no matter what we will get some of these lol

Never know, that’s why you play the game. If PM is fortunate enough to make it again I think they beat the east team by 15-20. Time will tell. I like the schedule that PM played this year. The only losses they have was from 5a Team who made the quarterfinals and other two teams are in the final four for 3a. Haven’t lost to a 1a team in 2 years, I’ll take those odds and these girls don’t give up.

Surry will beat PM this year by 10 or more...for the record. You heard it here first!

That's a very arrogant bold statement. This is a senior loaded PM team that's making it's 4th straight final 4 appearance with these seniors. They haven't lost to a single A team since they were freshman and lost only to 5A State quarterfinal finalists WF. AND 2 of the final 4 finalists in 3A this year. Not to mention PM has sent Surry home the past 3 years.
PM has a very tough game to worry about Tuesday before even thinking about Surry or Riverheads. However if it's a Surry PM rematch I'd doubt PM will be the slightest bit intimidated. 4th final 4 appearance for these girls and 2 time defending state champions. Yep there's no question Surry should be favored by 10 or more. Come on Get out of here with that trash

Reactions: PMBlues4Ever
I don’t think Surry will be intimidated either and the two teams should know each pretty well should make for a great basketball game if it happens

Reactions: afitnupe75
Guys, let's just settle down.

1st, anyone is free to speak, not to be told not to because someone doesn't like what they are saying.

2nd- maybe think about the other side before you start going down these roads. For instance, dont show complete shock when someone calls a post arrogant when you say you would beat someone by 40+, and then turn around and call someone arrogant because they said they would beat someone by 10+.

3rd- how about let the KIDS do the work on the court and settle it, not get after everyone who isn't of the same viewpoint of you on any of the teams left.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT