ADVERTISEMENT

For anyone who was at the Herm-MBK game tonight

GoMBKMonarchs

VaPreps All Region
Feb 2, 2005
What happened in the end? Someone reported on the scoreboard that MBK won 21-18. But, apparently it got real weird in the last 53 seconds and Herm wound up winning 25-21. Danny's texts indicated it was a head scratcher- what happened?

I would love for someone to clear this up for me because it's the most bizarre thing I've seen in my years of going to high schol football games...

Meadowbrook intercepted a Robinson pass leaving 54 seconds to go in the game. Conventional wisdom says that you take a knee, I've seen done countless times. Coach Taylor did not do this and instead of going forward, they went backwards. On fourth down Amos ran the ball into the endzone for a safety. It was ruled a safety at first, on the scoreboard it showed 21-20 Meadowbrook but then they said no and I never heard or saw an explanation... Meadowbrook then punts the ball and Herm gets it back with great field position. Few plays later Robinson is taking it into the endzone albeit there was some controversy there as well because the ball came out but from my vantage point I could not tell if he was in or not before it came out, Meadowbrook fans of course said he was not in before the ball came out.

I don't know why no knee was taken, I don't know why the safety did not stand...

Parents and fans in the stands were not happy with Taylor at the end of this one.

Not sure if it was explained, but MBK ran into the endzone to waste time and get tackled, but as soon as the QB crossed the goal line, the ref blew the whistle. The play was redone because of an "inadvertent whistle." Since MBK was already on the 20, they decided to punt on 4th instead of giving Hermitage the free two points because the kick would have been from there anyway. MBK should have knocked down the pass instead of intercepting, which changed field position drastically. If he would have knocked it down, it would have been MBK ball on Hermitage's 20 yard line. Then run 4 plays and make them drive the field.

You see more strange plays in high school football !

That is the beauty of high school football; you see more strange plays in high school than in college or pro football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT