ADVERTISEMENT

Fuqua @ Roanoke Catholic game

Aug 12, 2015
So Fuqua @ Roanoke Catholic game was originally set for Friday night, then moved to Saturday, then moved to Monday night. Now I do not see the game listed on Maxpreps for either team. Just my thoughts, everyone in the state, from the coast to the west, got their games in this week between Thursday to Saturday. Why couldn't Roanoke Catholic get their game in with Fuqua?

I was wondering the same thing, but game is up now on Maxpreps for Monday. Might be a little gamesmanship by Roanoke Catholic. Now top ranked Fuqua plays at Roanoke Catholic Monday, then turns around and plays Atlantic Shores Friday. RC making it tough on Fuqua.

That may be true, but RC still has no picnic against Richmond Christian on Friday. They are not Atlantic Shores, but still have sights on the playoffs. I would perhaps agree with the gamesmanship argument more if Catholic had a bye or weaker opponent this weekend.

Don't think Catholic AD would stoop to gamesmanship. Most likely has to do with Catholic not having their own field. Fields in Roanoke are very tight as youth sports are plentiful. Catholic plays at a city park which was probably heavily scheduled.

Yeah, I've never seen RC play on a Saturday. Every time games have had to be rescheduled, in recent memory, they are scheduled for Monday at 6PM.

And to reinforce chief's point, the Catholic diocese of Richmond, which includes Roanoke, does not allow RC to play on Sunday. In fact, the team use to get together on Sunday afternoons to watch film and the diocese put an end to that too.

Fuqua is big and QB is quick/smart. Does RC have the size to match up with Fuqua? I have looked but cannot find a RC roster anywhere

Good convincing win for RC, and I guess I will have to take your word about RC being much smaller than Fuqua, beings RC doesn't publish their roster anywhere.

Hope they get back to work today. Richmond Christian comes to town on Friday. Hopefully Catholic can stay focused and realize that game isn't going to be easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT