ADVERTISEMENT

"George Wythe As The Balls Turn"

2kings4

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 24, 2016
Winchester,VA
Welcome to another addition of George Wythe As The Balls Turn

Boys,

Are the team to beat to in the west, played Radford last night getting their first loss of season, and maybe their last,

Radford a top 2A team and defending 1A champs were once again two much for the Maroons.

The game was never in question, and the Radford dunk show was worth the 8 bucks it cost me.

GW boys will be hard to beat in their last 14 games before the playoffs begin, they should come in hot.

Girls,

I watched some video of their games, and the video doesn’t lie.

Christiansburg, Galax, Rural Retreat, Honaker, Eastside, Radford I watched on my big screen, had my friend watch too, didn’t want to miss a thing. We kept up with the players stats and labeled them confidential due to the conflict of interest they would create,

In these six games, the five kids I feel are the talents on the team never were all five on the floor together at one time, amazing,

When we played ball, I was seventh out of fifteen on the depth chart and saw maybe 1-2 minutes of playing time a game and that was fair because the best five played the game,

If it is about winning, you take the best five players and play them. #00#1#2#10#11 are without question the top five players on the team, and should play 30 minutes a game,

#00 freshman, small forward, playing out of position, should be the shooting guard, needs to shoot more, playing against a bigger girl all game hurts her performance,

#1 sophomore, point guard, playing out of position, should be the small forward or wing, is a defensive stopper, the key to success, should always be head up on the opponent’s best player. Held Eastside’s #10 to 9 points before she added five free throws at the end, this lets her rest more on offense, less pressure, more scoring opportunities,

#2 freshman, shooting guard, playing out of position, should be a forward or post, held down Galax’s #30 for most of the game, tallest starter, needs to be under basket boxing out, grabbing rebounds,

#10 freshmen, small forward or wing, playing out of position, should be the point guard, the ball handler, shares playing time with #11 when they should be playing two different positions,

#11 junior, back-up guard or wing comes in for #1 or #10 always, should be the starting post or forward, tough kid, definitely a lot better than those playing that position, a rough-edged street baller, from the junior class that has never had an actual basketball coach since they started in the 2nd grade,

All the rest of those girls all play about the same, not much difference in any of them, although some are treated as if they are better than the others,

Playing #32, #15, #23, as the post giving them all that playing time makes no sense, there is a huge gap in talent from the other five kids and these girls should be playing 1 or 2 minutes a game,

Out of the couple of kids that don’t play one girl is like 6’4, is she not eligible to play?,

Too much ass kissing and complaining going on here from a lot of the parents, they need put the egos aside, play the best five at their correct position, if you parents can’t handle this, your issues are more than I once thought,

GW in the six games I watched on tape had 184 turnovers, that is 31 t.o’s a game; a players is averaging double figure t.o’s, the shooting % as a team is 22% fg’s, 33% free throws and that one "O" play they run to death, are horrible things.

Tune in next week for another addition of "George Wythe As The Balls Turn"

Last edited:
Reactions: Baseball215
When you let parents dictate how go about business normally never turns out good.
I want to post the stats and minutes for the eleven players individually taken from these six games so bad, but it would be worse than Watergate! I bet this GW team doesn't post their stats anywhere, if so direct me....

Boys,

Are the team to beat to in the west, played Radford last night getting their first loss of season, and maybe their last,

Radford a top 2A team and defending 1A champs were once again two much for the Maroons.

The game was never in question, and the Radford dunk show was worth the 8 bucks it cost me.

GW boys will be hard to beat in their last 14 games before the playoffs begin, they should come in hot.

Girls,

Christiansburg, Galax, Rural Retreat, Honaker, Eastside, Radford I watched on my big screen, had my friend watch too, didn’t want to miss a thing. We kept up with the players stats and labeled them confidential due to the conflict of interest they would create,

In these six games, the five kids I feel are the talents on the team never were all five on the floor together at one time, amazing,

When we played ball, I was seventh out of fifteen on the depth chart and saw maybe 1-2 minutes of playing time a game and that was fair because the best five played the game,

If it is about winning, you take the best five players and play them. #00#1#2#10#11 are without question the top five players on the team, and should play 30 minutes a game,

#00 freshman, small forward, playing out of position, should be the shooting guard, needs to shoot more, playing against a bigger girl all game hurts her performance,

#1 sophomore, point guard, playing out of position, should be the small forward or wing, is a defensive stopper, the key to success, should always be head up on the opponent’s best player. Held Eastside’s #10 to 9 points before she added five free throws at the end, this lets her rest more on offense, less pressure, more scoring opportunities,

#2 freshman, shooting guard, playing out of position, should be a forward or post, held down Galax’s #30 for most of the game, tallest starter, needs to be under basket boxing out, grabbing rebounds,

#10 freshmen, small forward or wing, playing out of position, should be the point guard, the ball handler, shares playing time with #11 when they should be playing two different positions,

#11 junior, back-up guard or wing comes in for #1 or #10 always, should be the starting post or forward, tough kid, definitely a lot better than those playing that position, a rough-edged street baller, from the junior class that has never had an actual basketball coach since they started in the 2nd grade,

All the rest of those girls all play about the same, not much difference in any of them, although some are treated as if they are better than the others,

Playing #32, #15, #23, as the post giving them all that playing time makes no sense, there is a huge gap in talent from the other five kids and these girls should be playing 1 or 2 minutes a game,

Out of the couple of kids that don’t play one girl is like 6’4, is she not eligible to play?,

Too much ass kissing and complaining going on here from a lot of the parents, they need put the egos aside, play the best five at their correct position, if you parents can’t handle this, your issues are more than I once thought,

GW in the six games I watched on tape had 184 turnovers, that is 31 t.o’s a game; two players are averaging double figure t.o’s, their shooting % as a team is 22% fg’s, 33% free throws and that one "O" play they run to death, are horrible things.

I have no dog in this fight. However you never know why coaches do what they do. Sometimes I sit and watch games and wonder if they are watching the same game based on what I'm seeing. This is where I remember I'm not at practice everyday. I don' see what the coaches see on a day to day basis. Some coaches reward hustle and effort and if the parents are at home telling them they are better than someone playing in front of them, then quite possibly they aren't putting forth a strong effort due to frustration. And if they are commiting 31 turnovers a game and shooting 22% from the field maye they just aren't as good as you want them to be. But who am I to say.

Reactions: OnceAKnight
I have no dog in this fight. However you never know why coaches do what they do. Sometimes I sit and watch games and wonder if they are watching the same game based on what I'm seeing. This is where I remember I'm not at practice everyday. I don' see what the coaches see on a day to day basis. Some coaches reward hustle and effort and if the parents are at home telling them they are better than someone playing in front of them, then quite possibly they aren't putting forth a strong effort due to frustration. And if they are commiting 31 turnovers a game and shooting 22% from the field maye they just aren't as good as you want them to be. But who am I to say.
Practice, Practice, Come on baby blue!

And some coaches are just not good coaches, not necessarily bad, just not good. Is the best team to put on the floor the best five players or the five players who work the best together? Do you sacrifice defense for offense or offense for defense? Do you put players in positions they are best suited for and are comfortable playing or where you want them to play? If your "6th man or woman" makes the team better when they step on the floor should they be coming off the bench or starting the game? Figuring these out separate the good coaches from the not as good/bad imo. Yea Beablue, sometimes I wonder if I'm seeing the same game from the stands that the coach is seeing from the bench.

And some coaches are just not good coaches, not necessarily bad, just not good. Is the best team to put on the floor the best five players or the five players who work the best together? Do you sacrifice defense for offense or offense for defense? Do you put players in positions they are best suited for and are comfortable playing or where you want them to play? If your "6th man or woman" makes the team better when they step on the floor should they be coming off the bench or starting the game? Figuring these out separate the good coaches from the not as good/bad imo. Yea Beablue, sometimes I wonder if I'm seeing the same game from the stands that the coach is seeing from the bench.
Two different levels of players, the five kids that play on a different talent level are better than the others at all aspects of the game, a huge gap. Whether those five are better than blues or knights is irrelevant. Maybe those five are not very good the gap is the same.

Two different levels of players, the five kids that play on a different talent level are better than the others at all aspects of the game, a huge gap. Whether those five are better than blues or knights is irrelevant. Maybe those five are not very good the gap is the same.
Again, your not at the practice. We had this issue at PM where the best player on the team was a huge distraction in practice and didnt play. Everyone was wondering why he didnt play. The coach was ultimately let go for reasons that were somewhat questionable. He then got to start playing and the kids that had been playing were not very happy. His talent was above everyone' but his attitude left a lot to be desired.

Again, your not at the practice. We had this issue at PM where the best player on the team was a huge distraction in practice and didnt play. Everyone was wondering why he didnt play. The coach was ultimately let go for reasons that were somewhat questionable. He then got to start playing and the kids that had been playing were not very happy. His talent was above everyone' but his attitude left a lot to be desired.
You are right it has to do with practice most likely.

Boys,

Girls,

GW in the six games I watched on tape had 184 turnovers, that is 31 t.o’s a game; a players is averaging double figure t.o’s, the shooting % as a team is 22% fg’s, 33% free throws and that one "O" play they run to death, are horrible things.

Thank you !!!!! Thank you !!!!!! Thank you !!!
It's not what you play it's who you play.
FACT. The WHO is there so preach on bro
What you gotta do is get the WHO's WHO on the hardwood baby !

Look here look here look here
Y'all throwing the towel in and your just starting the ride man. We drilling to China bro and just broke ground.

Let the creator of FACTS slow it down for those that can't keep up.
You see there's a FACT KING and a FACT Queen and both come from the FACT MACHINE BABY.

You simple minds can't see between the lines
To you it looks like a mess but when you submit it to the FACT MACHINE it's clear baby.

The WHOs WHO is about to take over bro.
Put your feet up baby let the drilling begin

We ain't playing in December fools. We ain't looking for a participation trophy in 2017
Come on man! Please tell me you doubters are smarter than that.

We playing for 2018 BABY. We boarding the ships to 2018 Title town BABY !

Believe that
FACT O FACT

count it 1 2 3 FACT BABY .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT