ADVERTISEMENT

George Wythe Basketball

2kings4

VaPreps Rookie
Nov 24, 2016
Winchester,VA
If the GW girls play the same against Eastside as they did Radford, they will lose by several,

Radford won't win many... GW missed a ton of shots including lay-ups, the starting post missed ten lay-ups alone, seemed players were in and out a lot, didn't get in the flow of game, too much substituting.

Ingo led scoring with 12 points, the young guns scored 19 points total. 7,6,6,0

Should have been a blowout, Ingo, the returning sophomore played a good game, no turnovers, playing her man up with Eastside’s Wyrick, is their only chance to win against Eastside, the Spartans will eat up the Maroon zone defense.

Next vs Virginia High Tournament on Thursday

The GW boys made a statement in their opener against Oak Hill Red, probably the most talented team they will face this year, winning 79-78.

Atwood; 3 three-pointers and led GW in scoring with 29 points, Martin; 7 three-pointers in the game and finished with 28 points. Reeves added 11 points and Farrow scored 8.

Next vs Roanoke Catholic on Friday know nothing about Roanoke Catholic

Last edited:
Reactions: fightingblues
Tournament time.

Lots will be clear after this weekend. You can count to 3 and post the FACT O METER.

Young guns look young OK that's true.
Will beating Eastside change a mind ? Time to post the facts at the fact o center.
Young guns by 6 over east side. count to 3
123 FACT O FACT BABY.

Tournament time.

Lots will be clear after this weekend. You can count to 3 and post the FACT O METER.

Young guns look young OK that's true.
Will beating Eastside change a mind ? Time to post the facts at the fact o center.
Young guns by 6 over east side. count to 3
123 FACT O FACT BABY.

Why don't you go over to the kickball forum.

I actually stayed and watched the whole game. The wythe Girls has improved since last year. They stayed in the game with Eastside by purely out hustling them. If they didn’t miss those 20+or- wide open layups they might could have won.

I actually stayed and watched the whole game. The wythe Girls has improved since last year. They stayed in the game with Eastside by purely out hustling them. If they didn’t miss those 20+or- wide open layups they might could have won.

Thank you !!!!! Young Guns just took a contender to the wire. FACT

look here's what's up . GW is top 10 count on it and if the door would just swing open and the Young Guns could take control then players would play and wins would come

Count it
1 2 3 FACT O FACT

Ain't nobody said GW was perfect. All I'm saying Is come see me come mid year after the Young Guns take control.

FACT O FACT on the FACTOR METER BABY!

Count it 1 2 3. FACT

Haven't you gone over to the kickball forum yet?

Ain't nobody said GW was perfect. All I'm saying Is come see me come mid year after the Young Guns take control.

FACT O FACT on the FACTOR METER BABY!

Count it 1 2 3. FACT

FACT ***How did GW do against Honaker***

We only want to hear FACTS so we can measure them on the FACTOMETER!!!

I give it a 37 to 74 rating. FACT 1-2-3

FACT ***How did GW do against Honaker***

We only want to hear FACTS so we can measure them on the FACTOMETER!!!

I give it a 37 to 74 rating. FACT 1-2-3

Typical rookie stuff from you
You out here trippIng bout some early season game. FACT 1. Time to clean it up. Experiment over, time to roll young gun deep. All others need to part the sea. Buy a ticket and turn the ship over

FACT 2, Honaker might be the best team in D1.

FACT O METER reads losing to the best team in D1 early in the season can and wil be overcome.

Count it. 3 2 1 FACT O FACT.

For real though hello coach hello coach hello coach if you reading man. Drop all this playing around and go strictly young gun style. That's where it's at. By mid January the Young Guns are settin the pace

FACT O FACT.

Count it baby. Here we go 1 2 3 FACT

I think Honaker is okay may win their district but the best DI team is Parry McClure the defending state champ with most of their team back. I would say Surry Co will be pretty tough also. George Wythe will be a tough out by tournament time Coach Campbell is a good coach

Reactions: fightingblues
This is my opinion there is no way GW can run an effective zone defense, they do not have five girls that understand the zone defense.
They seem to have a quick enough team to run straight man, that will eliminate all that looking at each other after all those free lay-ups or wide open three point baskets they are giving up.
This just being my opinion and I have seen thousands of games, but I would rather play a kid that has heart then play kids that don't want to be out there playing.
I don't know how they can win playing kids that don't want to be out there, yet the coach wants these players feed the ball in the post.
If you want them to have a ball give them one to hold during the game, you sure don't start them and hope they have changed.
Kids that don't go 100 pull the whole team down. You have to want it if your a post, trying to pass inside to someone that don't want it is impossible. Just my opinion, may be wrong.

This is not last years team, these girls are run and gun. Let them run and gun, pressing full court, forget about the post. Shooting the ball before the post crosses half court allows those players more time to get back on defense with less distance to travel.

Last edited:
This is my opinion there is no way GW can run an effective zone defense, they do not have five girls that understand the zone defense.
They seem to have a quick enough team to run straight man, that will eliminate all that looking at each other after all those free lay-ups or wide open three point baskets they are giving up.
This just being my opinion and I have seen thousands of games, but I would rather play a kid that has heart then play kids that don't want to be out there playing.
I don't know how they can win playing kids that don't want to be out there, yet the coach wants these players feed the ball in the post.
If you want them to have a ball give them one to hold during the game, you sure don't start them and hope they have changed.
Kids that don't go 100 pull the whole team down. You have to want it if your a post, trying to pass inside to someone that don't want it is impossible. Just my opinion, may be wrong.

This is not last years team, these girls are run and gun. Let them run and gun, pressing full cstood thereourt, forget about the post. Shooting the ball before the post crosses half court allows those players more time to get back on defense with less distance to travel.

Well said! I have watched this coach for the last 4 years and I think we can find a better coach. I know he is a very good person and cares about the team; but , that doesn't mean that he is a good coach. I watched the finals last year and he did no coaching at all. During timeouts in the finals it seemed as though he was in a trance or something as he just stood there without saying a thing. His asst. coach was actually trying to coach. It seemed as though he was there but didn't know what to tell the girls.

This is not last years team, these girls are run and gun. Let them run and gun, pressing full court, forget about the post. Shooting the ball before the post crosses half court allows those players more time to get back on defense with less distance to travel.

See man we saying the same thing bro just different ways. What you saying is run and gun with the young guns. That's the way man
Believe that cause it's straight from FACT NATION.
Count it baby 123 fact o fact baby

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT