ADVERTISEMENT

Girls QF: Surry County 56 ARGS (Appomattox) 16 - FINAL

Halftime Class 1 girls state quarterfinals Surry 24 Appomattox 7

Class 1 girls state quarterfinals Surry 56 Appomattox 16

Jasmyn Pierce scored 12 points

The Lady Cougars advance to the semifinals to play the winner of Stonewall Jackson/Lancaster on Tuesday night.

Last edited:
Another supporting score of watered down VHSL athletics! How in the world does a state tournament team muster just 16 points????

To an extent. 1A isn't very strong probably with Surry and the Lady Blues being exceptions to the rule. Hence Rye Cove and the ARGS appearances in the tourney.I would venture to say that the Stonewall/Lancaster game will be much more closely contested.

Reactions: afitnupe75
Stonewall played in a really good league. Gap is still alive in 2A and imho Wilson and East Rock were better than Gap. Coach Burner does a great coaching job and I believe that although Lancaster may indeed win, it will be closer than some expect!

OT: Nupe: Are the Nupes the Alphas or K A Psis? Had friends in both as well as Omega and Phi Beta Sigs in my days at MTSU!

I'm not surprised that Surry won, but I'm surprised that Jada Boyd didn't work her magic and keep it competitive. Someone that was at the game please comment. My guess is Surry focused their defense on Boyd? Because, she IS the ARGS team. Stop her and they have no answer.

Reactions: pizzzzza
Stonewall played in a really good league. Gap is still alive in 2A and imho Wilson and East Rock were better than Gap. Coach Burner does a great coaching job and I believe that although Lancaster may indeed win, it will be closer than some expect!

OT: Nupe: Are the Nupes the Alphas or K A Psis? Had friends in both as well as Omega and Phi Beta Sigs in my days at MTSU!
Kappa Alpha Psi ....

There are absolutely no other scorers on ARGS. I saw them play 4 or 5 times this year and without her they may have went winless. She is an incredible talent and kudos to her for not jumping ship on her school and her teammates. I'm sure she had the opportunity to.

I figured that. I think she is just a sophomore? Did she look to you like someone that could eventually play D1ball?

There are absolutely no other scorers on ARGS. I saw them play 4 or 5 times this year and without her they may have went winless. She is an incredible talent and kudos to her for not jumping ship on her school and her teammates. I'm sure she had the opportunity to.
I was wondering if she would get lured away.

Were you at the game that she scored all but one of her team's points? And I think they lost in OT?

It's a cinch she has the grades, or she wouldn't be at ARGS. What locality is she from?

Isn't it strange? I don't think I had heard of more than one girl named Jada in my life. And we have two phenomenal basketball players named Jada in the greater Richmond area. Her and Jada Walker at HSHS.

I discussed riding down to Sussex with Bleeding Navy, but it just wasn't in the cards for us. I'm looking forward to seeing her some next season.

Before I go, I want to give a shout out to our old friend pizzzzza. Thank you sir.

Good chatting with you guys. If I can, I'm going to the Siegel Center a couple of days next week. I hope I can say hi to some of you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT