• Herm

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Freeman

Votes: 5 45.5%

• Total voters

BoKnowsSports

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 19, 2021
Biggest C5 game in the 804 Friday. Who y’all got? Gimme the Panthers by 2 scores.

No sir, I’ll be at Glen Allen/Varina. Will be rooting for Herm in this one.
I'm undecided on where I'm choosing to go yet. Three great games on the horizon...

Varina v. Glen Allen
Manchester v. Huguenot
Douglas Freeman v. Hermitage

All three should be great games, I've seen everyone listed except Freeman & Hermitage so I'm kinda thinking that is where I'll head but nothing set in stone. If we ever end up at the same game, would love to have a meet and greet as you seem like you know your stuff for sure.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
I'm undecided on where I'm choosing to go yet. Three great games on the horizon...

Varina v. Glen Allen
Manchester v. Huguenot
Douglas Freeman v. Hermitage

All three should be great games, I've seen everyone listed except Freeman & Hermitage so I'm kinda thinking that is where I'll head but nothing set in stone. If we ever end up at the same game, would love to have a meet and greet as you seem like you know your stuff for sure.
I appreciate you bro. Will do! We’ve met before as I used to coach at one of the schools around here. You used to be very high on one of my kids and I appreciate you covering him and retweeting his stuff.

@CRF4Dan
Best game: Varina @ Glen Allen
Most important: Herm @ Freeman
Most Hype: Huguenot @ Manchester

I think both Herm and Manchester wins by a few scores. I got Varina but I’m thinking it’s really close.

@CRF4Dan

I think both Herm and Manchester wins by a few scores. I got Varina but I’m thinking it’s really close.
I will not be surprised either way
three well matched games.

@CRF4Dan

You pegged this dead on... I have been between all three but I chose Hermitage-Freeman just for the fact that I have not seen either yet so this will be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

The hype is all over that Huguenot-Manchester matchup. I've seen both play and while Huguenot has talent, I give the edge to Manchester by at least 2 TD's.

Varina v. Glen Allen is suddenly much trickier after that showing against Freeman. I think Varina should win but I could definitely see an upset in the making.

Reactions: BoKnowsSports
You pegged this dead on... I have been between all three but I chose Hermitage-Freeman just for the fact that I have not seen either yet so this will be a good opportunity to kill two birds with one stone.

The hype is all over that Huguenot-Manchester matchup. I've seen both play and while Huguenot has talent, I give the edge to Manchester by at least 2 TD's.

Varina v. Glen Allen is suddenly much trickier after that showing against Freeman. I think Varina should win but I could definitely see an upset in the making.
I was not sold on Hermitage coming into the season just because they did absolutely nothing with a superteam last year. They are borderline legit and will end up playing the hardest schedule of any team in 5C. You’ll become a fan of Earlonte Winston fast. Many people get caught up in Andre Clarke (who’s really good) but Herm goes as Winston goes. He’s probably the best back I’ve seen in the 804 this year. After learning Freeman’s best player, Cole Chizuk, is out for the year and Jefferson Meade maybe not at 100%, it’s hard not to pick the Panthers by 2-3 scores.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
Huguenot is definitely a lot better than most (especially on the C4 board) will give them credit for but they are still a year away. They just make too many silly mistakes to lead me to believe they can beat a Tom Hall coached team fighting for a top 3 seed in C6.

Manchester is probably the most rounded team I’ve seen this year. I liked that 1-2 punch they have in the backfield and those WRs go get it. Had Tom Hall kept going deep, they would be undefeated. That possible HS rematch is going to be good.

I like Manchester 49-30 over Huguenot,

Herm/GA is quite tasty
a new rivalry w/o a name yet.

Coach Timothy Jean-Pierre told Gary & Gary it's not a rivalry, lol!
😂 Danny I think we found the area’s funniest coach. P doesn’t like GA at all. They’ve done their fair share the past few years to give him reason. After the Manchester game in 21 they said some insane stuff about Herm’s DBs (P used to be the DB coach) giving up 300+ passing yards.

Interesting. Those GA coaches always impressed me with what seemed like a real business-like approach. Came across very professional. I haven’t been working down that way for a couple years now though, and it’s not like both things can’t be true. Just interesting to hear they were jawing about another coach.

Interesting. Those GA coaches always impressed me with what seemed like a real business-like approach. Came across very professional. I haven’t been working down that way for a couple years now though, and it’s not like both things can’t be true. Just interesting to hear they were jawing about another coach.
Yeah they have history. Nothing malicious from Herm or GA. Doesn’t help that GA took both of Herm’s better defensive players and the whole old Herm JV staff are all at GA. GA’s coaching staff is all class.

Reactions: WP02alum
I would hope so. If it wasn't a rivalry before... it is now.
It’s the only real rivalry Herm has. Herm beats Tucker in most sports but GA is 3 miles down the street and all of the games are competitive. Neither of the East End schools nor Henrico considers Herm their rival 😂

Reactions: CRF4Dan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT