ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Interest for Lineman Luke Freudenthal

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Luke Freudenthal accomplished a rare feat making 1st team All-State on the offensive and defensive lines as a junior at Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot. Freudenthal has dominated the line of scrimmage and at 6-foot-2, 295 pounds he is starting to garner a lot of recruiting interest.

"I've received a lot of interest from Virginia and Elon," said Freudenthal who played at trinity Episcopal before transferring to Blessed Sacrament-Huguenot. "I can play center or guard on offense, and defensive tackle on defense. I'm a very versatile lineman."

Freudenthal has limited his recruiting trips to primarily camping at two schools over the past few seasons.

"I was invited to a Clemson game last season and their camps the last three years," Freudenthal said. I went to the UVA camp the last two summers. I've also been to a Virginia game, a Virginia Spring practice, and a Virginia Spring game. I was invited to Elon on an unofficial visit and I plan to go to Clemson, UVA and Elon camps this summer. Those are the three I have scheduled at this point."

Although he is waiting for his 1st offer, Freudenthal believes he has all the tools to be a college lineman.

"My strength lies in my size, strength, and my football knowledge," Freudenthal I am very skilled at being able to adjust and make calls as the play develops. I'm currently working on being more explosive as well as my speed."

Luke's brother Jake Freudenthal currently plays for Wake Forest in the ACC. Luke has relied on his older brother for advice.

"It helps having a brother playing at Wake Forest so colleges know I come from an athletic family," Freudenthal said. "His progress and journey has helped my parents and I become familiar with the recruiting process and the dedication it takes to make it to the next level."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News