ADVERTISEMENT

King William Softball vs Randolph Henry Softball

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
I said last week that it would be a pitcher's duel and boy was it ever. King William beats Randolph Henry by a score of 2-0 in 10 innings. Sophomore Annabelle Townsend once again came up huge as she hit a 2 run homer in the top of the 10th off of Liberty commit Danner Allen and the Cavs held on. For the game, Allen had 24 Ks with no walks and 4 hits allowed. Not to be outdone, the Lady Cavs have their own superstar pitcher in JMU commit Taylor Johnson who had 15 Ks, with 2 hits allowed and 2 walks. The crazy thing is KW returns virtually intact next season and I believe RH does too. RH came in ranked # 1 in the state and KW # 4. The fact that they met in a regional semifinal is tough, because both teams are capable of winning a state championship. RH finished their season at 21-2, I believe and KW moves to 22-2 and advances to the regional championship tomorrow at top seed Poquoson, who is ranked #5 in the state. Poquoson defeated Arcadia 4-3 today.

Also congrats go out to the Randolph Henry baseball team as they defeated KW today by a 5-1 score. RH scored all 5 runs in the top of the 3rd and that was more than enough. RH will travel to Poquoson tomorrow in the regional championship

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT