ADVERTISEMENT

Lake Braddock vs HSHS

GAX3k5tXUAAKFlC

The officiating was horrible in this game, the refs did not do a good job of controlling the game, a lot of personal fouls that were not called that led to the altercations after the game.The kids at LB were very undisciplined as you can see in the highlights, the kid intentionally tripped HSHS quarterback after he scored a td right in front of ref but no call was made. For the last 2 years the Northern VA kids from LB and Stonebridge showed poor class in defeat by trying to fight after the game and their coaches could not control them. HSHS lost to Stonebridge year before last at Stonebridge and our players shook their hands and walked off the field without trying to fight. For several years it was HSHS vs 757 teams in state semis and none of the players tried to fight after the game whether they won or loss. No fights with Maury after the game in Norfolk, the kids talk plenty smack during the game but after the game both teams shook hands and went about their business. However, i have seen the NOVA kids not be able to take a loss and move on.

Reactions: CRF4Dan
The officiating was horrible in this game, the refs did not do a good job of controlling the game, a lot of personal fouls that were not called that led to the altercations after the game.The kids at LB were very undisciplined as you can see in the highlights, the kid intentionally tripped HSHS quarterback after he scored a td right in front of ref but no call was made. For the last 2 years the Northern VA kids from LB and Stonebridge showed poor class in defeat by trying to fight after the game and their coaches could not control them. HSHS lost to Stonebridge year before last at Stonebridge and our players shook their hands and walked off the field without trying to fight. For several years it was HSHS vs 757 teams in state semis and none of the players tried to fight after the game whether they won or loss. No fights with Maury after the game in Norfolk, the kids talk plenty smack during the game but after the game both teams shook hands and went about their business. However, i have seen the NOVA kids not be able to take a loss and move on.
There is video of our coach saying nice game while trying to shake hands with Lake Braddock, while their kids were calling HS kids classless gang members and thugs. Videos of the player kicking the HS quarterback after he went into the end zone also went with no penalty. The nasty comment made to the HSHS coach by one of the LB coaches was COMPLETELY unacceptable!

Can’t handle a whooping…DON’T play and don’t poke the bear before the game!

Unfortunately we can’t rewatch the game bc RVA Sports Production has 6U games from 3 years ago on his page but not VHSL state semifinals. Hampton Media Network has the best streaming in the state, then condenses for people to rewatch in case you missed it. I wish I could see what you saw…

Unfortunately we can’t rewatch the game bc RVA Sports Production has 6U games from 3 years ago on his page but not VHSL state semifinals. Hampton Media Network has the best streaming in the state, then condenses for people to rewatch in case you missed it. I wish I could see what you saw…

Wow totally classless by Lake Braddock. Came down to the 804, got beat up and started showing what kind of program they really are.

Congrats to the Springers on another State Title appearance. The Class 6 final should be an epic one.

I was not at the game so I cannot comment on everything alleged. Yes that certainly was a deliberate trip and should have been flagged. The Lake Braddock player saying inappropriate things in the hand shake line should also see some sort of talking to or discipline from his coaching staff, but we will never know if that happens. I did notice one thing from the broadcast, at the coin toss to begin the game, that probably did not help the overall atmosphere and indicates there might have been some trash talking (most likely both sides) that was taken as an offense. You can see some of the lack of respect/sportsmanship in the video posted above, but not all of it. There was very little respect shown by either team at the coin toss, a bit less shown by Highland Springs, when neither team really wanted to shake hands/bump fists. It was even more blatant (and not shown in the posted video) when, after the teams moved into position on the sides of the field they would defend, the Lake Braddock players moved towards the Highland Springs players with arms out stretched to shake hands again but the Highland Springs players just walked straight towards the sideline. These incidents show two things, IMO. One, that trash talking is just that, trash, and is not done by anyone who respects themselves or others. Two, there probably were incidents on both sides not just one. Rarely is an incident one sided. Both programs should look at themselves and make efforts to be better than they already are.

That said, Highland Springs is a very good team and deserved the win yesterday. I am looking forward to seeing the final next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: CavsGrad
blatant trip was bush league, gotta have an unsportsmanlike flag. Kids from NOVA living privileged lives, throwing words around is BS.
Trash talking is BS and has no place in the game. Period. Yet is does happen and this is the result.

I was not at the game so I cannot comment on everything alleged. Yes that certainly was a deliberate trip and should have been flagged. The Lake Braddock player saying inappropriate things in the hand shake line should also see some sort of talking to or discipline from his coaching staff, but we will never know if that happens. I did notice one thing from the broadcast, at the coin toss to begin the game, that probably did not help the overall atmosphere and indicates there might have been some trash talking (most likely both sides) that was taken as an offense. You can see some of the lack of respect/sportsmanship in the video posted above, but not all of it. There was very little respect shown by either team at the coin toss, a bit less shown by Highland Springs, when neither team really wanted to shake hands/bump fists. It was even more blatant (and not shown in the posted video) when, after the teams moved into position on the sides of the field they would defend, the Lake Braddock players moved towards the Highland Springs players with arms out stretched to shake hands again but the Highland Springs players just walked straight towards the sideline. These incidents show two things, IMO. One, that trash talking is just that, trash, and is not done by anyone who respects themselves or others. Two, there probably were incidents on both sides not just one. Rarely is an incident one sided. Both programs should look at themselves and make efforts to be better than they already are.

That said, Highland Springs is a very good team and deserved the win yesterday. I am looking forward to seeing the final next week.
From what I was told prior to the game... Lake Braddock has been talking smack and disrespecting the Springers all week on social media. Apparently too, the Bruins were talking during warmups and even spit on the Springers logo. I cannot attest to it as I did not see it but I can attest to an attitude from the Bruins all game long. Even when they were down 21-0, 28-0 they were jarring. You must have stones to be talking smack when you're getting beat like that.

These are kids and emotions run wild when getting beat down. It can get a lot worse than what I saw on video. Search Hampton vs Garfield 1990 state championship game and you will see what I mean.

From what I was told prior to the game... Lake Braddock has been talking smack and disrespecting the Springers all week on social media. Apparently too, the Bruins were talking during warmups and even spit on the Springers logo. I cannot attest to it as I did not see it but I can attest to an attitude from the Bruins all game long. Even when they were down 21-0, 28-0 they were jarring. You must have stones to be talking smack when you're getting beat like that.
I certainly cannot contradict that and expect it is true (a prime reason why social media leans towards the negative more than the positive in people's lives-it allows anyone and everyone with a thought to put it into the public sphere). As a long time NOVA resident and someone who has seen Lake Braddock play enough times over the years, I can also say I am not surprised that this happened. I will leave it at that.

If this pre-game smack talk did happen as stated that lends credence to how the Highland Springs players acted during the coin toss. It does not, however, excuse either team for not showing respect to their opponent, despite their personal feelings.

That said, Highland Springs is a very good team and deserved the win yesterday. I am looking forward to seeing the final next week. The LB players came out and spit on the HSHS sign when they first arrived at the school and walked on the field to stretch thats why the hshs players didnt want to shake hands. LB players were doing cheap shots the entire game in y
Trash talking is BS and has no place in the game. Period. Yet is does happen and this is the result.
Trash talking is part of the game and i dont have a problem with it. However intentionally doing cheap shots and trying to injure the other teams players i do have a problem with. On that same sequence where they tripped hs qb one of the lb players got ejected and it was not the kid who tripped the qb. That was the 2nd lb player to get ejected. One of hs star players got ejected because one of lb players was bending his arm back while he was on the ground under the pile and the hs kid through a punch to get him off him before he broke his arm but it caused him to get ejected and. he might cant play next week.

I certainly cannot contradict that and expect it is true (a prime reason why social media leans towards the negative more than the positive in people's lives-it allows anyone and everyone with a thought to put it into the public sphere). As a long time NOVA resident and someone who has seen Lake Braddock play enough times over the years, I can also say I am not surprised that this happened. I will leave it at that.

If this pre-game smack talk did happen as stated that lends credence to how the Highland Springs players acted during the coin toss. It does not, however, excuse either team for not showing respect to their opponent, despite their personal feelings.
You earn respect and you don’t earn respect by saying the things that were said to that kid during the week.

These are kids and emotions run wild when getting beat down. It can get a lot worse than what I saw on video. Search Hampton vs Garfield 1990 state championship game and you will see what I mean.
I feel you but i believe it is a reflection on your coaching staff when your kids cant control their emotions enough to avoid fighting. You did not see maury players try to fight hs players after losing in the championship game last year because they both have great coaching staffs that dont tolerate that bs. No issues with Manchester or Oscar Smith after their losses but lb couldn't control themselves. I believe what happened yesterday was directly associated with lb poor coaching staff. You have to be able show class in defeat and victory.

You earn respect and you don’t earn respect by saying the things that were said to that kid during the week.
Are you saying the comments targeted one Highland Springs player? That should not be tolerated and I hope would be acted upon by the Lake Braddock administration.

I will disagree slightly with your comment, "you earn respect" but I certainly understand it. I was raised to show respect to everyone, unless and until they did something that showed they did not deserve my respect. But that doesn't change what you say occurred.

I was at the game when lb players came out on the field and spit on hs logo that's why hs players did not want to shake hands at the coin toss. After the game was even worse, from what i was told by several players, one of lb players put their hands on 1 of the hs coaches daughters and thats when it started to get ugly. Once again i blame the refs and lb poor coaching staff for not checking the players .

Thank you to everyone who has shared their knowledge of the situation. This type of behavior is wrong and unfortunate and I do understand how it affects others.

I was at the game when lb players came out on the field and spit on hs logo that's why hs players did not want to shake hands at the coin toss. After the game was even worse, from what i was told by several players, one of lb players put their hands on 1 of the hs coaches daughters and thats when it started to get ugly. Once again i blame the refs and lb poor coaching staff for not checking the players .
As a father myself, you lay a hand on my child... it's on.

Are you saying the comments targeted one Highland Springs player? That should not be tolerated and I hope would be acted upon by the Lake Braddock administration.

I will disagree slightly with your comment, "you earn respect" but I certainly understand it. I was raised to show respect to everyone, unless and until they did something that showed they did not deserve my respect. But that doesn't change what you say occurred.
The gang member slurs thrown at this young man in accordance with his Maryland commitment led to A LOT of the lacking respect. Spitting at these players as they entered the field Ftom the locker room,and on their midfield emblem before the game started led to a lot of animosity. If anyone thinks these kids or staff are gonna stand for this or return any respect,they are sadly mistaken.

Very poorly officiated game to allow this game to get this far out of hand. The 757 should be embarrassed with this crew’s lack of control.

The gang member slurs thrown at this young man in accordance with his Maryland commitment led to A LOT of the lacking respect. Spitting at these players as they entered the field Ftom the locker room,and on their midfield emblem before the game started led to a lot of animosity. If anyone thinks these kids or staff are gonna stand for this or return any respect,they are sadly mistaken.

Very poorly officiated game to allow this game to get this far out of hand. The 757 should be embarrassed with this crew’s lack of control.
I just saw the video of Coach Johnson in the locker room. What happened is just plain wrong and I absolutely see how those young men were upset. Fortunately, you gave your response on the field of play.

Reactions: HooSprings
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT