ADVERTISEMENT

Lancaster 62 George Wythe 40 Final

GW made it a game early
GW is a very young team. They start like 4 sophomores and only had one senior on the team. They'll be back again next year. Auburn also returns a big portion of their team. I know Lancaster has a bunch of seniors, but they do return Troy Henderson and their jv team only lost one game this season

Next year will be a good season as well
Yes it will be. After basketball season, I usually go into hibernation on here. I follow spring sports, but I'm not into them like I am football, basketball and wrestling

And the refs tried to keep GW in the game too. Two games in a row with bad refs. What can be done?

Short recap of game for those who didn't get a chance to watch or hear the game:

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, 4:58 left in 1st: Lancaster 8, George Wythe 2. Eight in a row for the Red Devils. Sophomore Troy Henderson as good as advertised so far

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, 2:15 left in 1st: George Wythe 9, Lancaster 8. Two FTs from Rex Delp. 7-0 run for Maroons.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, End 1: Lancaster 11, George Wythe 11. GW has to feel good about those opening eight minutes against the unbeaten Red Devils.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, 7:14 left in 2nd: Lancaster 15, George Wythe 11. Two layups in transition off turnovers to open the second quarter for the Red Devils.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, 6:00 left in 2nd: Lancaster 15, George Wythe 15. Ty Campbell's FTs pull Maroons even as they answer back once again.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, 4:24 left in 2nd: Lancaster 20, George Wythe 18. Shane Huff hits 3 to give GW a one-point lead, Lancaster's Gerrion Owen answers back with a 3 of his own

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, 2:23 left in 2nd: Lancaster 26, George Wythe 18. GW coach Tony Dunford calls timeout in midst of 9-0 run for the Red Devils.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Finals, Halftime: Lancaster 32, George Wythe 22. A 15-4 run to close the first half for the unbeaten Red Devils.

Thirteen turnovers in first 16 minutes for George Wythe. Shane Huff has 11 of the Maroons' 22 points. Leading scorer Reed Kirtner of GW has been held scoreless against Lancaster's long and swarming defense. Troy Henderson has 12 points for Lancaster., which leads 32-22.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, 4:25 left in 3rd: Lancaster 37, George Wythe 27

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, 2:08 left in 3rd: Lancaster 42, George Wythe 29

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, End 3rd: Lancaster 45, George Wythe 33. Sophomore Troy Henderson of the Red Devils is smooth.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, 5:39 remaining: Lancaster 47, George Wythe 35. Sophomore Troy Henderson has 25 of Lancaster's 47 points.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, 4:41 left: Lancaster 48, George Wythe 40. Reed Kirtner hits 3 to cut it to single digits and energize the fans from Wytheville.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, 2:27 left: Lancaster 50, George Wythe 40

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, 1:44 left: Lancaster 56, George Wythe 40.

Boys Basketball, Class 1 Title Game, Final Score: Lancaster 62, George Wythe 40. The Red Devils complete an unbeaten 29-0 season with a state title. 14-0 run to close the game.

(Thanks to Tim Hayes of BHC Sports for the tweets)

FqzppO-acAA827o
FqzpsXxaIAASaGw

Reactions: WestPointCoach
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT