ADVERTISEMENT

LIVE Blog - Class 1 Boys State Championship Game: Surry County 57, Eastside 48

Damn, poor Eastside. Losing in state title game twice in a row, both times being capable of winning. Congrats to Surry

Reactions: AntGZee
I like the heart that Eastside showed. Those kids were scrappy..if Eastside drops a couple of those missed layups then it could've very well been a different outcome. Good game this was.

I like the heart that Eastside showed. Those kids were scrappy..if Eastside drops a couple of those missed layups then it could've very well been a different outcome. Good game this was.
This game and the Northside and Phoebus game were the two best games of the twelve that I watched this week.

Weren't most of the others lopsided? Wise Central dominated, Radford was just incredible, PM won handily, etc...

Radford was special man, only being played within single digit once, by eventual 3A champ in a game Radford won. Seemed like GC gave the Bobcats slightly more trouble than East Rock did but neither team was gonna deny QMR and Radford.

Martinsville gave Radford a tougher game as well. Coach Cormany's son needs an anger management class or something, seriously.

Seemed like GC gave the Bobcats slightly more trouble than East Rock did but neither team was gonna deny QMR and Radford.

Our toughest opponent was Graham. Not saying Graham was better than ER, GC, or Martinsville, but we only led Graham by 6 points with just under 4 minutes, then we had an incredible run. I think Martinsville, Graham, and Gate City were all as good as East Rock. I don't know who wins if they play, but just by watching all those teams, I think all three were at least as good as East Rock.

Reactions: BigWinners
Our toughest opponent was Graham. Not saying Graham was better than ER, GC, or Martinsville, but we only led Graham by 6 points with just under 4 minutes, then we had an incredible run. I think Martinsville, Graham, and Gate City were all as good as East Rock. I don't know who wins if they play, but just by watching all those teams, I think all three were at least as good as East Rock.

Graham kinda was up and down at times, but when they were clicking they were very good. I'd give GC the edge with a healthy Ervin, as they did beat Graham, but I'm not sure East Rock would have made it out of Region D with teams like GC or Graham. I could be totally wrong and it's obvious ER is extremely good and has a super talented freshman, but GC has a super talented senior, Graham had very talented seniors, etc.. That experience does matter I believe.

it's why both QMR and McClung had to experience a tough loss to really get over the hump. Maybe this game propels Nickel the way the loss in 2017 did McClung or the loss in 2018 did for QMR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT