ADVERTISEMENT

Manchester/Freedom(Woodbridge) Finals

We seriously need to think about having a bowl game provided both teams win next week. It would make sooo much money. If it was held in Richmond at UR or something I estimate 15k -20k fans would attend. Call bleacher report and espn get it streamed on on the Duece. Even if it isn’t sanctioned by VHSL etc. It literally could be the biggest game in VHSFB history outside of maybe the TC Williams vs Salem game that they made the movie about. Somebody has gotta make some phone calls!

We seriously need to think about having a bowl game provided both teams win next week. It would make sooo much money. If it was held in Richmond at UR or something I estimate 15k -20k fans would attend. Call bleacher report and espn get it streamed on on the Duece. Even if it isn’t sanctioned by VHSL etc. It literally could be the biggest game in VHSFB history outside of maybe the TC Williams vs Salem game that they made the movie about. Somebody has gotta make some phone calls!
It will never happen, but I like the idea. Those two are, IMO opinion, easily the two best teams in all classes this year. I don't expect a nail biter in either the D6 or D5 games next Saturday.

It will never happen, but I like the idea. Those two are, IMO opinion, easily the two best teams in all classes this year. I don't expect a nail biter in either the D6 or D5 games next Saturday.

Btw sorry about the loss... incredible run by you guys and you beat some seriously high quality opponents on your 3 year plus journey! Tough to lose with the QB going down. Wish him a speedy recovery and you guys are a class act 100%

Btw sorry about the loss... incredible run by you guys and you beat some seriously high quality opponents on your 3 year plus journey! Tough to lose with the QB going down. Wish him a speedy recovery and you guys are a class act 100%
Thanks for the compliment paid to the program and our young men and coaches. We all knew it would end sometime. To be honest, this was probably the team that I thought had the least chance to get this far and they still did it (semis). WF historically has a very, very high improvement curve over the course of the season and this year was no exception. I will also put their staff against any staff in this state. WF had some unknowns coming into the season but the kids listened and learned, they just ran into a FR team that was bigger than what they had seen all year and that, coupled with the loss of Kim and a series or two where their defense struggled to figure out how to stop FR (FR's 90 yard drive just before the half), was just a bit too much to overcome. The two TOs that led directly to the 2nd and 5th short field FR TDs also made things more difficult than they could have been.

Last edited:
Reactions: mbonape1
Freedom RB went down in 1st qtr nobody mention that played with backup entire game lol Westfield offense was more explosive with Moran at QB

I've been begging for a Tournament of Champions. 1 v 2, 3 v 4, 5 v 6.

Freedom RB went down in 1st qtr nobody mention that played with backup entire game lol Westfield offense was more explosive with Moran at QB
doverton, if I remember correctly your son is the Freedom HC, yes? You should have a good knowledge of what they can do, and the loss of Brown was not as debilitating. The loss of Kim had a far greater impact on the game than the loss of Brown. And I don't see how you can say more explosive. To be frank, the WF offense was not explosive at all last night, except for two big plays-the Morin TD run (in the wildcat) and the Morin TD catch. Both teams played with who they had and Freedom made one more necessary play than WF-the stop on the 6 yard line. The teams were that close in ability.

Good luck to FR next week, but if FR doesn't kick it up another notch it is going to be a long afternoon. Manchester is very, very good.

PS Please advise your son to carefully consider what he says in front of his team and the media. I assure you there was zero disrespect from the WF team. It is not tolerated.

Last edited:
Reactions: OCBoy and PHS236
lol Westfield offense was more explosive with Moran at QB

Westfield was better off without Kim at QB is the argument? I guarantee you they would not have gone 28-1 the last two seasons without him. You embarrass yourself with a comment like that.

patience lil' grasshopper;
next year your wish may come true
Both will be D5 next year. So,let’s hope they can play. I know HSHS will be loaded again next year. Not sure about Manchester. I’m not sure who’s gonna be good enough to beat HSHS next year either. HSHS will have a nasty schedule next year I’m hearing. An HSHS/Manchester game could be a good one

Both will be D5 next year. So,let’s hope they can play. I know HSHS will be loaded again next year. Not sure about Manchester. I’m not sure who’s gonna be good enough to beat HSHS next year either. HSHS will have a nasty schedule next year I’m hearing. An HSHS/Manchester game could be a good one

and HSHS will have turf too
so no moving cuz of weather.

I hear they are repositioning the field when the new school is being built. We get a new field and stadium in 3 years, is what I've heard.
thought it was crazy to give HS and Tucker turf fields then announce they were getting new schools but that is what they did.

Reactions: HooSprings
thought it was crazy to give HS and Tucker turf fields then announce they were getting new schools but that is what they did.
I would think that Godwin, Deep Run and Henrico will get new fields next year. Highland Springs, Tucker and Glen Allen will be in the last round.

Congrats to the Lancers who went out in a blaze of glory.
2019 will start a new chapter for Manchester football
Hopefully a continuation of what this team has built
Yes! Manchester, you dogged Freedom! You guys very well could be the best team in Virginia! I"m glad we (Springers) didn't play you guys in the State Finals today!!!! Congratulations to you and congratulations to HSHS! They had a rousing celebration this evening at HSHS upon their arrival!

Yes! Manchester, you dogged Freedom! You guys very well could be the best team in Virginia! I"m glad we (Springers) didn't play you guys in the State Finals today!!!! Congratulations to you and congratulations to HSHS! They had a rousing celebration this evening at HSHS upon their arrival!

Manchester did what they were suppose to do.... tonight and all season. They had the talent to win in dominating fashion. Which they did continually and through the post season. Anything less would have been considered falling short for this group. With that being said, Kudos to that coaching staff and group of kids for keeping focus and completing the journey. There are a million stories about people or teams that could have been... but aren’t... Manchester Lancers... congratulations, you should have been and you most certainly are.... STATE CHAMPIONS and in convincing fashion. Only 8 points short of the season scoring record. Just imagine if Manchester wouldn’t have ended the Hermitage game in the 2nd quarter. They would have obliterated that record! This was a historic team. This isn’t 804 bias either... facts are facts.

PS... @springer76 you are getting spoiled my friend. It is not suppose to be like this! Hope you take a moment to appreciate being one of 3 teams in the history of VHSLFB to win 4 straight. You are already the odds on favorite for next year. Indulge in another fantastic season

Manchester did what they were suppose to do.... tonight and all season. They had the talent to win in dominating fashion. Which they did continually and through the post season. Anything less would have been considered falling short for this group. With that being said, Kudos to that coaching staff and group of kids for keeping focus and completing the journey. There are a million stories about people or teams that could have been... but aren’t... Manchester Lancers... congratulations, you should have been and you most certainly are.... STATE CHAMPIONS and in convincing fashion. Only 8 points short of the season scoring record. Just imagine if Manchester wouldn’t have ended the Hermitage game in the 2nd quarter. They would have obliterated that record! This was a historic team. This isn’t 804 bias either... facts are facts.

PS... @springer76 you are getting spoiled my friend. It is not suppose to be like this! Hope you take a moment to appreciate being one of 3 teams in the history of VHSLFB to win 4 straight. You are already the odds on favorite for next year. Indulge in another fantastic season
pump the brakes a little about next year as Manchester is moving into Region 5B too!!!!

pump the brakes a little about next year as Manchester is moving into Region 5B too!!!!

Manchester will be solid next year but they will be nowhere near what they were this year. I think Manchester is losing 38 seniors alone. Highland Springs will probably be even better next year. Springs is the odds on favorite for a 5 peat.

Reactions: Twan804

Trust me mbonape1, I am!!! I wish I could send the video of the celebration at Highland Springs High School last night as the buses with the team arrived back home!! It was incredible!! Balloons, Circus Tent on the baseball field, Football Shaped hot air balloon, loud marching band, then loud party atmosphere inside the tent with more music, catered food, you name it!!! Awesome is all I can say!!! I'll see if I can Youtube it to get thelink to share.

Trust me mbonape1, I am!!! I wish I could send the video of the celebration at Highland Springs High School last night as the buses with the team arrived back home!! It was incredible!! Balloons, Circus Tent on the baseball field, Football Shaped hot air balloon, loud marching band, then loud party atmosphere inside the tent with more music, catered food, you name it!!! Awesome is all I can say!!! I'll see if I can Youtube it to get thelink to share.

You guys didn't stay to watch Manchester?

Manchester will be solid next year but they will be nowhere near what they were this year. I think Manchester is losing 38 seniors alone. Highland Springs will probably be even better next year. Springs is the odds on favorite for a 5 peat.
Springers return 7 FINALS starters on Defense( including the MLB after CW was moved to OLB),which includes the ENTIRE DLine. 4 out of 5 OLine returns. The GA transfer will fill in nicely for the graduated senior. HSHS has an abundance of skill position players,and the JV QB from this year would have started on 90% of the VARSITY teams in the state. BUG is nasty...another very accurate dual-threat QB. He’s played well in the playoffs vs GA and DR. Next year he’ll get to play behind a 2x State Championship OLine!! HSHS IS the FAVORITES no doubt.

HSHS and Manchester both had great seasons. To say that one team was better would be ridiculous. Hard to compare the 2 finals games!! HSHS facing a perennially power for the 3rd time,and Manchester playing a first time finalist. HSHS doing what they’ve done for FOUR YEARS,and Manchester dominating once they got over the nervousness. 30-0 combined and 2 more rings for the 804!

FYI....HSHS would have played ANY team in the State...including Manchester!! Never thought I’d hear negativity from beating an 8x(out of 11yrs)finalist for the 3rd time in 4yrs to win a 4th title in a row! Try telling those kids or coaches that ANY TEAM was better than HSHS,and see what kind of reaction you get! I’m willing to bet,they hold the #4 up to you and walk away,shaking their head,laughing at you!

Springers return 7 FINALS starters on Defense( including the MLB after CW was moved to OLB),which includes the ENTIRE DLine. 4 out of 5 OLine returns. The GA transfer will fill in nicely for the graduated senior. HSHS has an abundance of skill position players,and the JV QB from this year would have started on 90% of the VARSITY teams in the state. BUG is nasty...another very accurate dual-threat QB. He’s played well in the playoffs vs GA and DR. Next year he’ll get to play behind a 2x State Championship OLine!! HSHS IS the FAVORITES no doubt.

HSHS and Manchester both had great seasons. To say that one team was better would be ridiculous. Hard to compare the 2 finals games!! HSHS facing a perennially power for the 3rd time,and Manchester playing a first time finalist. HSHS doing what they’ve done for FOUR YEARS,and Manchester dominating once they got over the nervousness. 30-0 combined and 2 more rings for the 804!

FYI....HSHS would have played ANY team in the State...including Manchester!! Never thought I’d hear negativity from beating an 8x(out of 11yrs)finalist for the 3rd time in 4yrs to win a 4th title in a row! Try telling those kids or coaches that ANY TEAM was better than HSHS,and see what kind of reaction you get! I’m willing to bet,they hold the #4 up to you and walk away,shaking their head,laughing at you!
Don't even get me started on the this year's JV team. The holes that will be opened with skilled players graduating will be filled quickly with more than competent underclassmen coming up for their turn.... Those youngster can play!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT