ADVERTISEMENT

Massaponax vs Oscar Smith

Massaponax vs Oscar Smith

• Total voters

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
Will Oscar Smith's Defense stop Massaponax's Option / power run game?

How will Massaponax travel and play their toughest opponent this year.

Which team is ready for a 4 quarter battle for the 1st time this year?

Will weather/rain have an effect on this game?

Looks like a soaker for game time but not start until around kickoff. Should they consider moving kickoff up to 12 noon?

Matt's take on this game is that the Tigers likely have the most talent they've enjoyed since their 2008 team. I believe they could be better. HOWEVER, mistakes, mistakes, mistakes could be their undoing. Well they did miss an extra point, a field goal and a couple penalties that canceled at least 1 TD vs South County last year.

I agree that with those above types of errors vs Massaponax, this game could go the wrong way. It's time for talent to provide high levels of execution. I did see a much cleaner game last week vs Thomas Dale. We need the next 2 games to be played the same way!!

Matt's preview of the upcoming State Tournament:

Reactions: CavsGrad
Had a hard time finding the on demand, replay on NFHS Network of the Colonial Forge vs Massaponax game from earlier in the year. C. Forge had serious problems @ QB but still scored 2 TD's vs the Pathers.

Had a hard time finding the on demand, replay on NFHS Network of the Colonial Forge vs Massaponax game from earlier in the year. C. Forge had serious problems @ QB but still scored 2 TD's vs the Pathers.

Watching this C. Forge game. & Massaponax is getting called for holding a lot. They have their own problems to deal with! I think I counted 3 ruffing the passer penalties. Without giving too much away, I can see how Colonial Forge had their number last year. They just didn't have the personnel this year to compete with them this go around.

It was a good game & we overcame our usual mistakes today! The refs seemed all too happy to help us in that regard, too.

End of the whining, Smith won by dominating the line of scrimmage all day. Massaponax pulled a slick pass play for a TD but it happens vs a Triple option team. I think we got conservative in the 2nd Half but I can't fault them since we had the lead. But I think we could have passed the ball at will vs them if needed!!

We welcome another new team, J. Madison, to Beard DeLong, Easley Stadium on Saturday! Let's hope we can fill the stands!!!

It was a good game & we overcame our usual mistakes today! The refs seemed all too happy to help us in that regard, too.

End of the whining, Smith won by dominating the line of scrimmage all day. Massaponax pulled a slick pass play for a TD but it happens vs a Triple option team. I think we got conservative in the 2nd Half but I can't fault them since we had the lead. But I think we could have passed the ball at will vs them if needed!!

We welcome another new team, J. Madison, to Beard DeLong, Easley Stadium on Saturday! Let's hope we can fill the stands!!!
South County came back to win against Madison in the closing minutes. Smith vs SoCo round 2.

Huh, my mistake, we thought the game was over when we left the stadium. WOW, it is going to get interesting next week vs South County. I hope they aren't coming down feeling too cocky? I am happy with the team we have vs the Stallions this year. We were mostly an underclassmen team vs a bunch of seniors last year. This year should turn out better for us.

Reactions: CavsGrad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT