ADVERTISEMENT

My Game By Game Picks For All Four Regions

kwhs95fan

VaPreps All Region
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2006
I haven't seen an official bracket for Region C, but I think I have the matchups correct. Region D was by far the hardest Region to pick. Let's hear everyone else's picks

Region A:
Quarterfinals:
Lancaster over Northumberland
Westmoreland over Essex
Northampton over Charles City
Middlesex over Mathews

Semifinals:
Lancaster over Westmoreland
Northampton over Middlesex

Finals:
Lancaster over Northampton

Region B:
Quarterfinals:
Buffalo Gap over William Campbell
Riverheads over Carver Academy (upset special)

Semifinals:
Franklin over Buffalo Gap
Altavista over Riverheads

Finals:
Franklin over Altavista

Region C:
Quarterfinals:
George Wythe over Craig Co
Parry McCluer over Grayson
Auburn over Covington
Narrows over Bland

Semifinals:
George Wythe over Parry McCluer
Auburn over Narrows

Finals:
George Wythe over Auburn

Region D:
Quarterfinals
Lebanon over Grundy
Twin Springs over Hurley
Eastside over Chilhowie
Homaker over JI Burton

Semifinals:
Lebanon over Twin Springs
Eastside over Honaker

Finals:
Lebanon over Eastside

Last edited:
Idk enough about Region C or D to do predictions.But your A and B is about the same as mines.I dont know anything about Carver..They have a great record but never crack the top ten all season.So it could be a trap game for them with riverheads.Seems like Region B the only ones that gives first round byes to top seeds

Reactions: kwhs95fan
Idk enough about Region C or D to do predictions.But your A and B is about the same as mines.I dont know anything about Carver..They have a great record but never crack the top ten all season.So it could be a trap game for them with riverheads.Seems like Region B the only ones that gives first round byes to top seeds
Carver has a solid team. I picked Riverheads, because despite their record, they play in a district with mostly 2A and 3A schools and are usually pretty competitive. Carver plays in the Tidewater District, which other than Middlesex, who beat Carver 3 times, is way down this season. Records can often be deceiving. Carver could win tonight, but regardless, I don't see them getting past Altavista.

I think D might be a toss up. I’ve driven over few times to watch some games. Twin Springs is solid when they show up as a team. Lebanon is a 2A enrollment going back up next year. Personally think overrated. Eastside ok but not caliber as past years. GW is solid well coached. Auburn always tough. PM ? who knows. Friend up in the Valley tells me BG played a heck of a schedule. Mostly 2/3 A teams in and out of district. Have some good players with a solid PG. doesn’t say much about RH. Know Altavista pretty good but know nothing of others. As far as region A know absolutely nothing about thems.

Reactions: kwhs95fan
I think D might be a toss up. I’ve driven over few times to watch some games. Twin Springs is solid when they show up as a team. Lebanon is a 2A enrollment going back up next year. Personally think overrated. Eastside ok but not caliber as past years. GW is solid well coached. Auburn always tough. PM ? who knows. Friend up in the Valley tells me BG played a heck of a schedule. Mostly 2/3 A teams in and out of district. Have some good players with a solid PG. doesn’t say much about RH. Know Altavista pretty good but know nothing of others. As far as region A know absolutely nothing about thems.
I've seen all the top teams at least once. Region D is definitely a toss up. I thought coming into the season that Twin Springs would run away with the Region, but they haven't. With that said, they still have a great chance to win the Region. Out of all the teams in Class 1, Lancaster and Franklin are the two best teams I've seen, with GW behind them

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT