ADVERTISEMENT

NFHS Network

otnorot

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Aug 31, 2006
I really hope they have decent announcers for the championship games because the guy on the Lake Braddock-South County game tonight struggled to get the name of the school correct. Lake Broadneck? Lake Broderick? I think he went 1 for 3 on Landstown as well. I know they don't necessarily have professional announcers on these games but this was bad.

The announcers were from DC, had never done a game in VA before, not sure how they got sourced. Championship games will be different.

I think the announcers came from here:
http://www.regionalsportsdmv.com/about-us.html

From another article on that site it looks like the PBP guy was a HS student from Maryland. I really don't want to bash a high school kid but there has to be some level of quality control here.

Last edited:
I watched the replay today.....I agree that they need to 'upgrade' the announcers on the championship game.

I was a little surprised by the play of these teams....thought maybe they didn't play up to their potential for the most part....perhaps nerves or the moment itself.

I had read about LB's style of play and wanted to see it for myself....and I like it when more than 5/6 players play the entire game.

With Lake Braddock's style of play it can either be really entertaining (the quarterfinal against South Lakes was a fun game) or really ugly. I like seeing a team doing something outside the box being successful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT