ADVERTISEMENT

NNK District Tournament

nnkalumni2

VaPreps Rookie
Aug 18, 2017
I know the district tournament means absolutely nothing. But for the players and fans a lot of bragging rights will be on the line. Here’s the standings for the district tournament where PowerPoints doesn’t mean anything it’s your district record. Top 4 in tournament.

1.Lancaster (6-1)
2.Northumberland (6-2)
3.Essex (4-4)
4.Rapp (4-5)
5.W&L (3-5)
6.Colonial Beach (1-7)

Reactions: uvacavs1
You are off on the records for Rappahannock and W&L but I'm not certain which way. Lancaster and W&L have 3 district games left, while the others have 2 left.

That's probably it. You've include that Golden Eagle Booster Club Classic Invitational result as a district contest.

I know the district tournament means absolutely nothing. But for the players and fans a lot of bragging rights will be on the line. Here’s the standings for the district tournament where PowerPoints doesn’t mean anything it’s your district record. Top 4 in tournament.

1.Lancaster (6-1)
2.Northumberland (6-2)
3.Essex (4-4)
4.Rapp (4-5)
5.W&L (3-5)
6.Colonial Beach (1-7)
Is the top four still accurate

1.Lancaster (6-1)
2.Northumberland (6-2)
3.Essex (4-4)
4.Rapp (4-5)
5.W&L (3-5)
6.Colonial Beach (1-7)
Is the top four still accurate
Ok thanks is Essex or rapp 3rd seed

So Rappahannock finished 6th out of 17 teams in the Region which is a strong finish yet finished 5th out of 6 teams in the district (which means they didn't qualify for districts).

Great year for the NND.

So Rappahannock finished 6th out of 17 teams in the Region which is a strong finish yet finished 5th out of 6 teams in the district (which means they didn't qualify for districts).

Great year for the NND.
Yep I think they should let all the teams play top two get bye and let other four play I mean they said it’s not for points anyway

I’m very interested in seeing how coaches are going to prepare for this tournament that doesn’t mean anything. High risk with no reward I won’t be surprise to see a lot of players resting and bench players getting a lot of time.

Reactions: Red_phx82
I don't suspect any of that will happen. At this stage, the kids would rather play than practice. So, no big deal playing 3 games in a week for Essex or Washington & Lee in boys or Essex and Colonial Beach in girls

Reactions: uvacavs1
You’re right about that but game speed and practice speed rarely are the some I was just saying 3 games takes a toll we’ve had to do it twice this season at least and at least one game each time we didn’t play our best ball

I don't suspect any of that will happen. At this stage, the kids would rather play than practice. So, no big deal playing 3 games in a week for Essex or Washington & Lee in boys or Essex and Colonial Beach in girls

I agree with NND Sports Fan. Practices are no fun at this stage of the season. Play real games, lots of real games.

Now if you have a star player who has a nagging injury, rest him or her. Someone else needs to step up

Just like football, think NFL - bye weeks or long layovers between contests, often have negative consequences for a team in terms of sharpness, toughness and edge.

So play more games - less practices at this point.

Plus, if ya ain't got it by now, you ain't ever gonna get it.

Reactions: REDDEVILS00
Good luck to all teams.

I plan on attending the Essex v Northumberland held at NHS tomorrow.

The two may meet again in the regions if Essex upsets Rapp on Friday.

Either way, the Indians play a team who has already defeated them once- so Rapp or Essex will have confidence coming in. Northumberland will need to focused and ready to avoid any upsets.

If NHS will put it all together and play as a team unit, the Indians could go far....

One thing I disagree with is not letting your bench play there are hidden talents on the bench especially when you go up by 10 + and keep the same ones in how are you gonna get stronger going 2 deep example senior night at Lancaster one of the seniors didn’t even get to play I don’t care if your tied up put him/her in

Essex at Northumberland starts at 6 pm tonight (no JV game, so an earlier start time)

I am assuming the same time for Lancaster?

Good luck to all teams.

I plan on attending the Essex v Northumberland held at NHS tomorrow.

The two may meet again in the regions if Essex upsets Rapp on Friday.

Either way, the Indians play a team who has already defeated them once- so Rapp or Essex will have confidence coming in. Northumberland will need to focused and ready to avoid any upsets.

If NHS will put it all together and play as a team unit, the Indians could Score update

If as a coach you go into a game not caring whether you win or not, are you a coach? I don't think these coaches will play just to get through. I think they will put their best on the court to win. Winning the district tournament is more than just bragging rights. Winning going into the regional tournament gives momentum! Who likes to lose? Not me!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT