ADVERTISEMENT

Nova thoughts

The only issue is that my kids played travel soccer and there was never a single travel team associated with a high school team. Same goes for a baseball team. Most of them comprise of kids from five or six different high schools. Maybe in rural areas. I can only speak for the high schools in this area. A question that might clear some things up to the middle schools in the beach area play sports? In Northern Virginia they Do not. If they do and have a football team I can see how that can become a feeder program for high school.

Yes they have middle school football in VaBeach and they play a 7 game schedule with one preseason game it's organized best North vs best South team in the title game 13 middle schools in the city Va Beach

So do these so called "folks associated to OL" go around to these MS games and try to get all the top players to go to the MS associated with OL and therefore they "transfer " to the MS before the enter high school?

So do these so called "folks associated to OL" go around to these MS games and try to get all the top players to go to the MS associated with OL and therefore they "transfer " to the MS before the enter high school?

Depends on who you ask...some say yes, others say no.

However, the talk isn't enough for administrators and the VHSL to act upon. The question, as is the case is all areas of the state, is the proof.

Can it be proved that it was done?

VaPrepsRod. You seem to be taking this VA beach recruiting thing personal and then make jabs at Nova teams. You are the administrator of this site, please try and stay objective. Fact of the matter is that kids transfer all over the state, mostly to try and better themselves in a quality program. The investigation lies with how the kids are getting transferred in and is the contact with the coach and the transfer done legally. You are not going to stop transfers as long as each school has speciality programs. Quite honestly, I'm tired of this crap being talked about on this site. I liked it when you got actual football updates. Not media drama. VaPrepsRod stay objective and get this site back to focusing on football.

VaPrepsRod. You seem to be taking this VA beach recruiting thing personal and then make jabs at Nova teams. You are the administrator of this site, please try and stay objective. Fact of the matter is that kids transfer all over the state, mostly to try and better themselves in a quality program. The investigation lies with how the kids are getting transferred in and is the contact with the coach and the transfer done legally. You are not going to stop transfers as long as each school has speciality programs. Quite honestly, I'm tired of this crap being talked about on this site. I liked it when you got actual football updates. Not media drama. VaPrepsRod stay objective and get this site back to focusing on football.

Were I taking it personally, I'd just delete it off the site.

I think that you are misreading what I write. I'm taking no jabs at any NoVa schools nor any other programs around the state. I am taking jabs at the people who anonymously post about all the problems in the Tidewater area while simultaneously playing a "holier-than-thou" card about their residential area. That hypocrisy is not limited to NoVa, by the way.

As much as anyone in the state, I am aware of where and how often transfers happen and I know their inevitability. I'm also keenly aware of how handcuffed administrators and the VHSL are in their ability to put a stop to it.

I feel very comfortable with the amount of time that I spend covering actual football versus recruiting stuff (about 98% to 2%). Note that I have written exactly one article about the entire Ocean Lakes investigation and I have no plans on doing more unless there are new developments.

I understand that you may be tired of it, but it is a topic of conversation that others want to have. As much as is possible, we attempt to let all conversations play out on the boards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT