ADVERTISEMENT

O. Smith vs Highland Springs

O. Smith vs Highland Springs

• Total voters

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
I'll start this but the Springers are favored to finish it. We've seen #8 & #7 seeds win in the 1st round of these playoffs. The Tigers have improved significantly after starting 2-2 and switching QB's. I'm not sure such a young team can pull off the monumental upset. But, they have the ingredients in place if the Springers take this team too lightly!?

I'll start this but the Springers are favored to finish it. We've seen #8 & #7 seeds win in the 1st round of these playoffs. The Tigers have improved significantly after starting 2-2 and switching QB's. I'm not sure such a young team can pull off the monumental upset. But, they have the ingredients in place if the Springers take this team too lightly!?
Did they switch to the Freshman QB before or after the KF game? HSHS has played A LOT of tough,close games,including giving Maury everything they could handle,but IMHO,HSHS still looks the same as they did in game 1-3. I see a more experienced depth team,but I’ve also seen a team still missing last year’s chemistry. They are definitely a tested,tough out,and Martin has showed he can take over a game if he needs to. HS won’t take ANY team lightly at this point. They are too well coached for that,but they’re still emotional kids,and anything can happen.

Cold & wet conditions are expected but HS has a gorgeous turf field.

You've played 12 games and two scrimmages. No one is young anymore. You may have some youth, but they are experienced now

Reactions: ArcticBuc
401783022_10161195202712089_7930126042156224798_n.jpg

boy, i'm sorry to hear that.. Smith travels pretty good but i doubt this affects their fans much. BUT they BETTER make sure these rules are posted via goFan, facebook, twitter, instagram & the Smith's booster club!!! No bigger way to get adults upset than turn them away after they traveled for 2 hours for the big game. My wife normally wouldn't travel to this game with her driver's license. in addition, i would buy tickets for our group. gofan allows that.. no way to match ID'S with that method!!!???

I generally don't enjoy the games @ HSHS due to their use of a secondary announcer/ administrator who micro manages the whole experience. Something about an administrator telling their crowd isn't cheering enough that just ruins it for me!!

Reactions: springer76
boy, i'm sorry to hear that.. Smith travels pretty good but i doubt this affects their fans much. BUT they BETTER make sure these rules are posted via goFan, facebook, twitter, instagram & the Smith's booster club!!! No bigger way to get adults upset than turn them away after they traveled for 2 hours for the big game. My wife normally wouldn't travel to this game with her driver's license. in addition, i would buy tickets for our group. gofan allows that.. no way to match ID'S with that method!!!???

I generally don't enjoy the games @ HSHS due to their use of a secondary announcer/ administrator who micro manages the whole experience. Something about an administrator telling their crowd isn't cheering enough that just ruins it for me!!
if your wife is over 17 there should not be a problem 😊
Henrico PS just don't have any patience for teens coming to create drama.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Springers were dominant for most of the night. Frustrating to see Smith play like they did... The Tigers showed both their youth and some potential. Tonight potential lost pretty badly...

Springers were dominant for most of the night. Frustrating to see Smith play like they did... The Tigers showed both their youth and some potential. Tonight potential lost pretty badly...
That’s EASILY the best HS has looked all season!

Any thoughts on what to expect from Oscar Smith for next season?

Any thoughts on what to expect from Oscar Smith for next season?
They are loaded with speed next season. That QB is going to be one to watch for sure. They need some more size on the defensive line. A little more maturity and experience, and they will be one of the teams to beat in the state.

Reactions: OnlyVA
Only 4-5 Seniors with really good Freshman & Sophomores, JV was pretty good, AND OS Middle was very dominant. Incoming class are big and I like how they play aggressively. They averaged 60 points/game with only 8 min quarters! Both RB's are beasts and are unstoppable. They have the ability be to another set of dominant DL/LB's for Smith, too. If not 24, then the next year, I expect to be fun.

Only 4-5 Seniors with really good Freshman & Sophomores, JV was pretty good, AND OS Middle was very dominant. Incoming class are big and I like how they play aggressively. They averaged 60 points/game with only 8 min quarters! Both RB's are beasts and are unstoppable. They have the ability be to another set of dominant DL/LB's for Smith, too. If not 24, then the next year, I expect to be fun.
Sounds like a mirror image of Highland Springs. JV has only lost one game in the last eight years( undefeated the last 2 years. The Springers are actually comprised of three middle schools coming together that are tops in the Richmond area. These are the things that rivalries are built on. Hopefully see you guys next yr!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT