ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Offer For Sleeper Losefa Pua'auli

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Fork Union linebacker Losefa Pua'auli (6-foot-0, 210) will be a steal for whichever team lands him. He is a sleeper prospect who can be a game-changer on the football field. Pua'auli has one offer from Howard University and says he is being recruited as an athlete.

"I am not sure where (Howard) would decide to put me," he told Virginiapreps.Com. "I’m just an overall athlete on both sides of the ball, so wherever they decide to put me, it’s win win situation for them."

Pua'auli was a standout on offense and defense the past three seasons at Fork Union. He brings energy on every play and he gives maximum effort every time the ball is snapped. On defense, he attacks the ball carrier and he runs with explosiveness on the offensive end. He was simply one of my favorite players to watch the past two seasons.

As a freshman he displayed a glimpse of his playmaking potential by recording a sack, interception and rushing for 64 yards in his 2nd high school game.

"I would say my specialty as a football player is just being a 'football player'," he said. "There’s no questioning I can play the game. I’m quick, explosive, and I have naturally ability that allows me to get to the ball where ever it goes. I hit hard and I stick my head in anything. I am fearless and reckless to the ball. I can also cover and I'm useful all over the field."

He listed Towson, Youngstown State, and Elon as potential suitors who are showing the most interests. He plans to kick start his recruiting by being active this Summer attending camps.

"I plan on going to a bunch of college camps," Pua'auli said. "I have been to the Nike opening with a 95.5 overall rating before my results were taking off due to one of my scratches. I've also been to the Adidas Rivals camp."

As a sophomore, the Hawaiian born Pua'auli had a breakout season finishing with a team-leading 95 tackles in eight games while adding an interception. Last year, he again led the defense with 75 tackles including eight tackles for loss.

On offense, his numbers fell as Fork Union featured the passing game much more than it did the previous season. Last year he finished with 436 yards with five touchdowns on only 87 carries. The previous season, Pua'auli ran for 960 offensive yards from scrimmage including a season high 321 rushing yards against St Christopher's. He finish with nine offensive touchdowns.

"I definitely had a better (sophomore) season on the offensive side of the ball," Pua'auli said. "It was more of our schemes and plays that put me out of place where I couldn’t make the plays I usually do. We had a new offensive and defensive coordinators."

The 2018 season she be the best yet for the 4th year starter. He expects to repeat his 1st team All-VISAA D1 selection at linebacker after earning 2nd team All-State the year before.

"My goal this season is to ball out and just create havoc on the field," he said. "Really nothing more I have been doing but enjoy the moment and stay injury free."

5b0ab33a39205-Fuma7.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News