ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Offers Keep Coming for Gibson Jimerson

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
The offers keep rolling in for 6-foot-5 guard Gibson Jimerson who joined the Saints this season after playing at Benedictine. He averaged 24.6 points per game while adding 8.4 rebounds while being selected VISAA All-State as well as Richmond All-Metro.

At Benedictine, I saw Jimerson as strictly a shooter who was carrying a few extra pounds. However, this season he developed into a high-level prospect without the extra baggage.

"I worked hard over the summer on tightening up my handle and working on my body to be the best athlete as possible," Jimerson said. "I’m working on becoming quicker and bringing more consistent energy to the floor."

His transformation led to multiple offer including Kansas state, Cincinnati, American, Columbia, Lehigh, and UNC Greensboro. Schools showing interest include Stanford, Colorado, NC State, Harvard, Yale, Bucknell, Wofford, and Charlotte.

"I am looking for the best fit in college," Jimerson said. "I want a place where I can go and have an impact right away and have a great relationship with the coaching staff. I'm also looking for a school with strong academics."

The Saints finished with a 15-13 record and earned a trip to the VISAA playoffs before falling to Episcopal. Jimerson says the game that stood out the most was a come from behind win.

"This past year we played John Paul the Great and we were trailing the entire game. I scored my career high 44 points and we ended up coming back and winning.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News