ADVERTISEMENT

Oscar Smith Vs Glen Allen

Phoebus Fan

VaPreps All Region
Jul 12, 2003
Very interested to see Perry Jones coach against his alma mater Oscar Smith. Jones will be facing off against his murdered best friend’s son (Smith’s QB)…any insight on this game?

Smith has the youngest team i've seen since i've been following them. Their record reflects this, too. (they'll stay real young for a couple years but could be set for another 2-3 year title run soon!!!) But, This is NOT the same team that lost to Phoebus and NR early in the season! Since those losses, Freshman Lonnie Andrews III has stepped into a leadership role for the Tigers and he's improving with his reads every week. J. Knox is back on the field but I don't think they've utilized him very well so far this season.

Smith's defense hasn't been dominant like we're used to seeing but when they get agressive & take some chances, they've done very well.

GA & Smith's Common opponent was Hermitage and Smith was playing the current backup QB that whole game. The Tigers played a lot of backups the last 3rd of that game which made the score much closer than it should have been.

As far as playing GA & Perry Jones' team, i'm expecting a tough game with the winner giving the Springers a tough second round game. I'm sure both Manchester & T. Dale are happy they don't have either team in their bracket for the 1st couple of playoff games!

So I guess we should just hand the Regional Title over and everyone stay home?
Nothing is to handed to anyone, but I assure you, Glen Allen Nor Oscar smith are beating Highland Springs. So, one of those teams is only extending their season one extra week!

FYI….I don’t have HSHS beating the winner of Manchester & TDale! They are not playing well enough IMHO! But,they ARE playing well enough to beat an average OS or GA!

Reactions: Dripping
Nothing is to handed to anyone, but I assure you, Glen Allen Nor Oscar smith are beating Highland Springs. So, one of those teams is only extending their season one extra week!

FYI….I don’t have HSHS beating the winner of Manchester & TDale! They are not playing well enough IMHO! But,they ARE playing well enough to beat an average OS or GA!
I don't know man, HSHS is the man until knocked off the perch. I do agree about OS & GA. In my opinion, GA is a year early. They have some solid talent and their JV is pretty damn good

GA may have only 1-2 first downs. for the half.....OS QB freshman threw an easy pick 6 BUT their running has been very effective & may have punted only once in the 1st half..

GA doesn't have the size in the trenches vs Smith..

Oscar Smith 28, Glen Allen 17. FINAL.
Class 6 Region A quarterfinal.
Next for the Tigers: Highland Springs.

Reactions: 757FridayNiteZ
Oscar Smith 28, Glen Allen 17. FINAL.
Class 6 Region A quarterfinal.
Next for the Tigers: Highland Springs.
The Tigers showed their youth in how they gave up those 17 points tonight. Otherwise, it was a dominating performance. I liked the adjustments they made in a few key postions and the defense was much more agressive all night!

Versus HsHs, they'll need to take their game up another notch. It should be a fun game next week!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT