ADVERTISEMENT

Phoebus Phantoms vs Heritage Pioneers

3rd and goal at the half yard line. Injury timeout. Phoebus is just not making it easy for the Pioneers offense.

There is another Phoebus Phantom player being tended to in the field. I think he was caught under the pile.

They scored in a QB keeper over the left side. Phoebus will need to do better at controlling their handoffs. They tried an end around and the ball was bobbled and fumbled.

Because Phoebus' 1st team defense does not give up loads of yards and points Heritage must go away from their game-plan. Late hit Phoebus. 15 yard penalty on 3rd and long down to the Phoebus 44.

5:22 3rd qtr. The Heritage run game is being stuffed. Unsportsmanlike on Phoebus ball down to the 28. It is National Flag Day in Lynchburg

Phoebus 41-7 over the Heritage Pioneers. Pay back can be payday. 4:08 3rd qtr. Defense is offense for Phoebus today.

Heritage is still running the ball. It is not working. The running backs for Heritage are seeing 2-3 Phantoms before they see the hole.

Picked off by Brandon Mitchell for the Phantoms. Phoebus loses the ball on another personal foul. Roughing the passer! 2:22 Heritage at their own 46 1st down. Flags fly.

4th and 14. 1:00 before the 4th qtr. Phoebus ball at their 19. The Pioneers punter has a powerful leg. He should be getting some looks. I was a punter in high school.

Keyontae Gray was just tackled backwards by the jersey but no penalty. Heritage is grabbing and reaching a lot. 10:32 3rd down & 5 at the 38

Phoebus is manhandling the Pioneers. Back to the old school run game. 9:48 and counting 1st down 50 yard line. Face mask against the Pioneers after another long inside Phoebus run. 35 of Heritage 9:00 minute mark.

6:47 Heritage has given up. Touchdown Phoebus. Easy run by Roberts up the middle. He was barely touched. 48-7 Phoebus over Heritage.

All that is left is for 4 minutes to tick off the clock. Phoebus will leave 3A having successfully defended their title. When Phoebus came into 3A they were facing many challenges. They have answered all of them.

The Phoebus Phantoms bring Nolan James in to take the last snap! Phoebus Phantoms 2-time 3A Virginia State Champions 7-time 5A Virginia State Champions 2022 3A State Champions

I hope these updates helped anyone that could not get to the game or did not have an online video account. Have a nice night, Now that Phoebus is on top again I am going to the Bahamas!

I'm at the game and the score could have been a lot worse. Is the Bass kid committed to play college ball anywhere? He's the real deal.

At this point it will take the biggest miracle in Virginia High School football history for the Pioneers to comeback and defeat Phoebus for a 2nd time in a row. If someone knows the last team to defeat Phoebus two times in row please let me know. I think it is the Hampton Crabbers, but when? 9:12 2nd qtr. Heritage 3rd & 8 on their 28.
Actually it was Lake Taylor just a couple yrs ago

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT