ADVERTISEMENT

Possible location for Class 6 State Championship game?

It was definitely Osbourn because they won the championship that year (2006) over Chantilly (not Oakton). The game was initially suppose to be played in the 757 and it got moved to Freedom Woodbridge.
Ahhh... Yes, that's correct. Chantilly...

Reactions: OCBoy
This is probably far fetched, but Shenandoah University (this is a D3 school) has a nice football stadium. It is near Winchester, which could be a pain for a 757 school to drive to, but it's an option. Take Class 5 and 6 out of it, I am surprised a title game isn't there for the VHSL to use.

Segra Field would have to be configured for football, since it is a soccer stadium year round and is artificial turf.

This is probably far fetched, but Shenandoah University (this is a D3 school) has a nice football stadium. It is near Winchester, which could be a pain for a 757 school to drive to, but it's an option. Take Class 5 and 6 out of it, I am surprised a title game isn't there for the VHSL to use.

Segra Field would have to be configured for football, since it is a soccer stadium year round and is artificial turf.
There are high school stadiums bigger than Shenandoah’s stadium. The visitor stands are very tiny with some high school bands in 5/6 that would completely fill all of those seats.

UVA to host Class 5,6 state football finals​

The state football finals for Virginia’s two largest public school classifications will return to the University of Virginia for the first time since 2015.

Scott Stadium will host the Class 5 and 6 state football championships Saturday, Dec. 9. The Class 6 final is at 11:30 a.m. followed by the Class 5 final at 5 p.m. UVA will also host both finals in 2024 as part of a standard two-year deal.

Old Dominion University served as the previous host for the Class 5 and 6 state football finals.

UVA to host Class 5,6 state football finals​

The state football finals for Virginia’s two largest public school classifications will return to the University of Virginia for the first time since 2015.

Scott Stadium will host the Class 5 and 6 state football championships Saturday, Dec. 9. The Class 6 final is at 11:30 a.m. followed by the Class 5 final at 5 p.m. UVA will also host both finals in 2024 as part of a standard two-year deal.

Old Dominion University served as the previous host for the Class 5 and 6 state football finals.

11:30am and 5:00pm is garbage. You can clearly get games in within a four hour period, do the ceremonies, clear the field, and have teams get ready for the second game. Plus, you know that UVA's overzealous security (RMC Events) won't allow people to leave for a bit and come back in. Should have been 12:00pm and 4:00pm.

Also, UVA's stadium is trash. It will be a terrible atmosphere with only a few thousand people max at a 60,000 seat stadium.

11:30am and 5:00pm is garbage. You can clearly get games in within a four hour period, do the ceremonies, clear the field, and have teams get ready for the second game. Plus, you know that UVA's overzealous security (RMC Events) won't allow people to leave for a bit and come back in. Should have been 12:00pm and 4:00pm.

Also, UVA's stadium is trash. It will be a terrible atmosphere with only a few thousand people max at a 60,000 seat stadium.
I loved it back in 2015! You can stay home!

I loved it back in 2015! You can stay home!
Did you like the location? Or do you like the times? Yeah. I won't be going to C5/C6. I'll go to C3/C4 if any at all.

And by the way, the games at UVA come off as small time on the TV broadcasts with zero atmosphere. It's a laughable look considering Virginia is supposed to be such a hotbed for high school football standouts.

Did you like the location? Or do you like the times? Yeah. I won't be going to C5/C6. I'll go to C3/C4 if any at all.

And by the way, the games at UVA come off as small time on the TV broadcasts with zero atmosphere. It's a laughable look considering Virginia is supposed to be such a hotbed for high school football standouts.
I love the location,and honestly…I love the times. Charlottesville is quite beautiful that time of year. I have no problem,Going to watch the D5 game, leaving to get something to eat(I don’t eat stadium food anywhere),and coming back to the D6 Finals to watch my Springers. I love the fact that the bigger schools get to play in a power five conference stadium for the state championship. Once again, you may not like it, but honestly, your opinion really doesn’t matter.

Reactions: CavsGrad and OCBoy
I love the location,and honestly…I love the times. Charlottesville is quite beautiful that time of year. I have no problem,Going to watch the D5 game, leaving to get something to eat(I don’t eat stadium food anywhere),and coming back to the D6 Finals to watch my Springers. I love the fact that the bigger schools get to play in a power five conference stadium for the state championship. Once again, you may not like it, but honestly, your opinion really doesn’t matter.
CLASS 1/2 FINALS |

Class 2 at 11:30 am/Class 1 at 5:00 pm

CLASS 3/4 FINALS |

Class 4 at 11:30 am/Class 3 at 5:00 pm

CLASS 5/6 FINALS |

Class 6 at 11:30 am/Class 5 at 5:00 pm

Higher Class schools play the 1st game.

CLASS 1/2 FINALS |

Class 2 at 11:30 am/Class 1 at 5:00 pm

CLASS 3/4 FINALS |

Class 4 at 11:30 am/Class 3 at 5:00 pm

CLASS 5/6 FINALS |