Eastern Shore Homeschool at Woodberry Forest
Greenbrier Christian at Norfolk Academy
Hargrave Military at Blue Ridge
Paul VI at Flint Hill
Potomac at John Paul the Great
Sidwell Friends at Randolph-Macon
St. Stephen's & St. Agnes at St. Christopher's

1522178.jpg

Is it me or are things really hard to figure. Glad I am not Vegas. Is BR that bad that they could give up 50 in 28 minutes or isCCS that good? fCS beating a D1team? Is Norfolk Academy really 45 points worse than STAB? North cross giving up 60 one week and getting a shutout the next? An 0-2 BSH and Atlantic Shores scoring 100+ in its first two games. Bishop Sullivan reloaded with talent from defunct Norfolk Christian. The divisions mean less now than ever. Should be an exciting week 3 when some of these answers may become more apparent.

It isn't just you. If I were Vegas, the only thing I would feel comfortable with, is making Bishop Sullivan the early season favorite to repeat as State Champs in visaa 2. But, never test the predictability of a teenage boy, they are the most unpredictable creatures in the world lol

I agree 100%. I do not know who looks good as of yet. There have been some pretty crazy score out there and a whole bunch of different kids wearing different colors this year. I think the only safe bet I would put my money on is there will be no repeat champion in D-3, VES has really lost a ton of talent. Do not have a clue about who will be there in the end in D-3. Shores in my opinion looks like a sure bet early and they have a favorable schedule. As far as Bishop Sullivan, I will keep my chips in my pocket for now, and wait to see how they fare after the next 3 weeks. Definitely a team not lacking in size, talent or egos. Benedictine, STAB and NSA will all test them in the next 3 weeks.

In D-4 some teams have taken some early season losses by playing up but I have the feeling they will rebound. IWA and Blessed Sacrament could be playoff teams if Blessed Sacrament's schedule doesn't catch up with them 1st. Fuqua Should be a contender then its really up for grabs. Broadwater is usually there in the end but maybe someone like Roanoke Catholic makes it through their gauntlet of games vs public schools to claim a position among the D-4 elite. Should be a fun few weeks. Only 9 weeks til the playoffs. Its already flying by.

This post was edited on 9/4 2:42 AM by Crackaz

It is too early to tell. There are a lot of schools that only have a very short pre-season prior to games starting for Privates. Boarding schools have a short period but local day schools may have been practicing all year long. I saw an article talking about Atlantic Shores and their 7 on 7 season. That is going to put them ahead of schools that have kids all across the country that don't see each other until they show up at school. Things will usually even out after a few weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT