ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget Prospect Watch Freshman Xavier Chevrier

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
A name to keep an eye out for is freshman Xavier Chevrier whose 1st year on varsity resulted in a State championship game appearance. Chevrier says he is already receiving some early D1 interests. Chevrier says he has been in contact with Boston College. He doesn't have a college preference yet with three months left in his 1st year in high school but he does have some qualities he's going to look for when the time come in 2021.

"Really just a place that welcomes me and is a comfortable feel for me," Chevrier said. "I have not really thought of what I am going to major in college. I'm doing well in the classroom and I have all A's and B's so far as a freshman."

Chevrier has already gained 10 pounds of muscle since the end of the football season. He;s been working out every other day with his coaches to gain strength and improve his agility to develop into a D1 player.

"I believe I’m a D1 caliber player because, I have the size and I’m a student of the game," Chevrier said. "I soak everything thing in and try day in and day out to become better. I think I’ll have a better season because I’ll grow mentally and physically stronger. I learned more about the game."

Norfolk Christian restarted their football program tin 2016 after not fielding a team for two seasons. Chevrier said he felt no apprehension about playing for a new program.

"I feel blessed, all glory to God, without him I wouldn’t even be at Norfolk Christian," Chevrier said. "To have an opportunity to help in building the program feels great. We may not have had a lot of seniors but really our team was full of leaders that weren’t seniors...like Andrew Algood. He really was a big part in us getting to where we got (state championship game).

The Ambassadors made the State playoffs where they upset #2 seed Covenant in the 1st round of the playoffs. Norfolk Christian lost to CHristchurch for the State title but it was their second playoff appearance in as many seasons.

"It was pretty tough," Chevrier said about the playoff loss. "We went into that game a little too confident and we didn’t come out victorious. I’m going work even harder and make sure the rest of my teammates are working hard to get back to the championship game."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News