ADVERTISEMENT

Quantico 28 Fredericksburg Christian 8

Dec 18, 2012
Quantico is trying to make a run this year. 4 - 0 with only 8 total points scored on them in 4 games. I have seen Fredericksburg play and they looked solid on both sides of the ball.

Yea I'm really surprised at how well Quantico is playing. Happy for them!

Are they eligible for playoffs in the private league?

Give the kids some credit. They have pounded everyone they have faced. Will they fall flat on their face, hopefully not, but only time will tell. I sure hope they run the table and get into the playoffs. There has to be a 4th team make it besides Fuqua, Roanoke Cath and Richmond Chr. Might as well be them.

D4ball, if we are only going by current record and record of teams they have beaten this year, they should be ranked right under RC. Quantico is 4-0 and their defeated opponents are 3-11 (2 of those wins being against homeschool). RC is 3-1 and their defeated opponents are 2-7 (1 of those wins being against Grace Christian).

I know Quantico has played MMA as well...perhaps the worst football team in the state...

But Hancock normally fields decent squads as does Fredericksburg Christian if I'm not mistaken?

Quantico had been struggling in recent years so its nice to see them have some success. Whether they make the playoffs or not is no skin off my back lol!

Hancock went 5-5 last year. Went 5-3 the year before - and they play Rappanhanock and MMA every year (possibly two of the worst football teams in the state). Hancock is currently 0-3 this year.

FCS was very good a few years ago. Way down now with recent changes. FCS went 0-8 last year according to Maxpreps and they are currently 1-2 this current season. So neither Hancock nor FCS can be considered a quality win at this point.

Then, for Quantico's schedule, throw in KF and BA (two programs struggling just to field teams that might win a couple games at most this year), and throw in a few homeschool teams that give no VISAA points, and really the only game on their schedule that will test them is Richmond Christian.

Agree that it's nice to see Quantico have some success. On the other hand, it seems counter-intuitive to put together a creampuff schedule to hopefully make it to the playoffs but then get blown out in the first round because your team hasn't been tested on a consistent basis.

I know that Quantico doesn't "play up" against anyone this year, but if they "played up" this year against D2 schools North Cross, Fishburne, and VES, I am 99.9% sure they would come out of those games with a 2-1 record. Playing up against Fishburne and VES is not scheduling for competitive games, it is done to get the D2 points, everyone knows that. North Cross is a legit team to schedule up against and I commend RC for doing that this year. Quantico does play a very easy schedule, because usually they aren't very good themselves. This year, they have some talent. Is it enough to compete against the top teams in D3, I highly doubt it. I hope the kids at Quantico get to experience a big game in the playoffs this year, and they probably will get blown out, but so would any other D3 team you throw in there against Fuqua, Roanoke, and Richmond.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT