ADVERTISEMENT

Region 6D BOYS

pizzzzza

VaPreps Hall of Famer
Nov 9, 2001
Final in VHSL Region 6D Hoops Tournament - South Lakes 61, Yorktown 41.

(thanks Matt!)

(C1) South Lakes 61 (L4) Yorktown 41
(C3) Chantilly 48 (L2) Marshall 44
(L1) Wakefield 60 (C4) Westfield 45
(C2) Madison 53 (L3) McLean 45

Reactions: pizzzzza
Well...looks like the (C) district is the stronger of the two.

Although it looks like South Lakes and Wakefield are on a crash course to meet in the 6D finals.

FINAL:

Madison 59 Wakefield 53

GG_HlanXgAAR7qN

Great job by Madison getting back to the state tournament after having a couple key players transfer to private schools.

South Lakes won 64-26. They've won all five district and regional games by at least 20 points.

They are easily the best team in NOVA (C & D).
Agreed.

I remember seeing the matchups in 6C/6D when they first came out.

I was stunned by the records of most of the teams - seemed there were a lot of 9-loss/double digit loss teams in the field - even some with losing records.

Both regions, overall, seemed to have a down year.

So I can definitely see why South Lakes rules that part of the state this year.

Their regional opponents records: Yorktown (13-12) - Chantilly (13-13) - Madison (15-12)

Agreed.

I remember seeing the matchups in 6C/6D when they first came out.

I was stunned by the records of most of the teams - seemed there were a lot of 9-loss/double digit loss teams in the field - even some with losing records.

Both regions, overall, seemed to have a down year.

So I can definitely see why South Lakes rules that part of the state this year.

Their regional opponents records: Yorktown (13-12) - Chantilly (13-13) - Madison (15-12)
6D did not have much competition for South Lakes but I thought 6C was stronger/more competitive than it had been for a couple years. More teams testing themselves with tough games outside of the region accounts for some losses.

Yea it’s like anything - comes in cycles - there will be years with major competition- then there are those years that are “down”

Now this will age me, but I can remember when TC Williams and West Springfield were state level good back in the early 70s - and this is back when only ONE team represented their region at UHall - and both those teams were fortunate to even win their regions - the competition was fierce.

This was also back when there were less classifications - not everyone got in!

And your reward for getting to the state tournament was a team that was just as good as you!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT