ADVERTISEMENT

Sad night here...........

NNDman

VaPreps All District
May 29, 2001
the scoreboard forum has traditionally been the most active of the boards here but this has to be one of the worst nights of posting final scores in vapreps history. Where is greatstate ???

Reactions: The G-Man
I really care for this new layout less and less as time goes on. Still trying to be positive and give more time though.

Reactions: The G-Man
the scoreboard forum has traditionally been the most active of the boards here but this has to be one of the worst nights of posting final scores in vapreps history. Where is greatstate ???

greatstate is working towards his Master's Degree (I believe) and is spending more time with his work and children

Reactions: mike salem
I am still trying to figure out where the central Virginia games should be posted -- like Culpeper down to the NC border. It isn't NOVA or the Valley and definitely not the 757...

Too bad, it's falling on deaf ears. Too much pride to take it back. I'd like to propose that anyone that doesn't like the new format take Monday and Tuesday completely off from preps - no posting or visiting the site at all. Then rod and hoos will be on here talking to the crickets for two days. I'm sure this post will only be on here for two minutes before it gets stricken or I get banned. Anyone interested just to send a message.

Reactions: gwb16 and kw85

As Rod posted, other things have picked up for me in terms of time commitments over the past few years. I held on last year (while working full-time, taking grad school classes, kids, etc) because, for whatever reason, I LOVE to chase down the scores and keep the VHSL ratings. Just don't feel that I can devote that time this year. Wish I could and I'm sure that I will be around at times on the boards, this year and in the future.

For anyone that wants to find and compile scores, I'd point you to twitter if you're not already there. The last two years, I would estimate that twitter was the source for 90-95% of scores for me. I have nothing against either the AP score list, MaxPreps or ScoreScout, as I used all three at various times, as well. My experience with those lists is that IF a score seems strange (based on school records, etc), probably best to seek a second source. Again, just my experience.

So it would seem that we haven't had a mass exodus of disgruntled contributors, just great state focusing on more important priorities. It will be tough to replacing all the hard work he has done over the years.

Greatstate, thanks for all your hard work in the past. We'll try to keep it going

As Rod posted, other things have picked up for me in terms of time commitments over the past few years. I held on last year (while working full-time, taking grad school classes, kids, etc) because, for whatever reason, I LOVE to chase down the scores and keep the VHSL ratings. Just don't feel that I can devote that time this year. Wish I could and I'm sure that I will be around at times on the boards, this year and in the future.

For anyone that wants to find and compile scores, I'd point you to twitter if you're not already there. The last two years, I would estimate that twitter was the source for 90-95% of scores for me. I have nothing against either the AP score list, MaxPreps or ScoreScout, as I used all three at various times, as well. My experience with those lists is that IF a score seems strange (based on school records, etc), probably best to seek a second source. Again, just my experience.
I would always look for scores on twitter first. Sometimes it would just be some random teenager bragging or complaining, but they tweet everything they do, so searching the school will often lead to results.

This board will be dead by the end of the year. People never admit to their mistakes or errors. This change was one huge mistake. Same thing happened to HR Varsity board. Only in Virginia.

I'll try and post some scores tonight.

I was confused and annoyed last Friday night with the changes in the forum.

Really glad it's "back"!

This board will be dead by the end of the year. People never admit to their mistakes or errors. This change was one huge mistake. Same thing happened to HR Varsity board. Only in Virginia.

Yeah, some guys seem to have a big problem apologizing when they are wrong

Yeah, some guys seem to have a big problem apologizing when they are wrong

13953783092_54352f67f8_o.jpg

I think the major problem coming here for scores now is that you can't just update the title of the thread and see it on the main page. This is not Virginia Preps change to the message boards, this is a change by Rivals, I'm sure.

If there could be a way for us to see all the scores on one page, I'd love it. I just hate being in the fourth quarter and having to click on messages like, "George Wythe 6, Rural Retreat 0...1st quarter" and hoping there's been an update.

Otherwise, however, I love the new format of the boards, but I want to be able to see the whole thread "tree" like I used to be able to see.

I think the major problem coming here for scores now is that you can't just update the title of the thread and see it on the main page. This is not Virginia Preps change to the message boards, this is a change by Rivals, I'm sure.

If there could be a way for us to see all the scores on one page, I'd love it. I just hate being in the fourth quarter and having to click on messages like, "George Wythe 6, Rural Retreat 0...1st quarter" and hoping there's been an update.

Otherwise, however, I love the new format of the boards, but I want to be able to see the whole thread "tree" like I used to be able to see.

Yep. Rivals change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT