ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Nugget SEC School Gaining Ground for Suffolk Prospect?

matthew328826

Publisher of VirginiaPreps.com (Rivals Network)
Staff
Jul 20, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
matthewhatfield.com
One of the nation's most highly sought after running backs in the Class of 2022 hails in Virginia in George Pettaway of Nansemond-Suffolk Academy.

Last week, Pettaway checked in at No. 116 overall in the latest Rivals250, making him one of just eight players from the Commonwealth in the rankings release.

During junior season that was shortened to just four games because of COVID-19, Pettaway racked up 825 yards + scored 16 TD's on a mere 58 touches, displaying his all-around skills, versatility and explosiveness.

Recruiting analysts see some similarities between Pettaway and former Bayside great Taquan 'Smoke' Mizzell, who went on to play at the University of Virginia and happened to score a touchdown on Thanksgiving Day for the NFL's Chicago Bears in 2018.

Pettaway has a boatload of schools on him, a list that features the likes of Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, North Carolina, Virginia Tech and countless others. One of them is Florida, which recently had Pettaway on campus for an unofficial visit.

Are the Gators gaining ground for the 5-foot-11, 190-pound athlete? Some have felt for a while that the Heels of UNC are the favorites to get a third Tidewater pledge in 2022 to join Princess Anne WR/DB Tychaun Chapman and Green Run WR/DB Tayon Holloway. However, they will have to fend off Florida and others heading towards Signing Day.

"It was a good unofficial visit," Pettaway told Gators Territory of his time at UF. "I got to learn a lot during my first time down here in Gainesville. I got to see the football side of things."

More on George Pettaway from the Florida Rivals site Here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News