ADVERTISEMENT

Springers schedule set!

GK1THSCXMAAFglC

Three district games in an eight team district. They should be ineligible for the playoffs or move districts and play a full district schedule.

There are no districts anymore,And in all actuality,a couple of these teams,they would not play,if the county didn’t require them to play them. The teams that they “traditionally play” have elected to not play them anymore. Many teams across the state are doing the same thing.

I think the should bring back district completion but make the districts even as far as enrollment

There are no districts anymore,And in all actuality,a couple of these teams,they would not play,if the county didn’t require them to play them. The teams that they “traditionally play” have elected to not play them anymore. Many teams across the state are doing the same thing.
Wish teams in the PD would do this with Phoebus!!!

Reactions: HooSprings
Wish teams in the PD would do this with Phoebus!!!
There is no reason for a team to have to play another team that they beat every year by 60 and 70 points. I honestly do not remember the last time HS played Mechanicsville/Lee Davis, Attlee, or Armstrong. Hanover was taken off the schedule this year in favor of playing another Henrico County school, Freeman. Honestly, I would rather play Martinsburg,than waste my time playing Freeman. I’m quite sure Phoebus would gladly drop denbigh off their schedule.

There is no reason for a team to have to play another team that they beat every year by 60 and 70 points. I honestly do not remember the last time HS played Mechanicsville/Lee Davis, Attlee, or Armstrong. Hanover was taken off the schedule this year in favor of playing another Henrico County school, Freeman. Honestly, I would rather play Martinsburg,than waste my time playing Freeman. I’m quite sure Phoebus would gladly drop denbigh off their schedule.
Freeman is replacing I.C. Norcom, which would benefit them better honestly

Maybe it was Atlee or PH they dropped? I haven’t kept up with the HSHS schedule that closely.

Maybe it was Atlee or PH they dropped? I haven’t kept up with the HSHS schedule that closely.
PH! I know two other schools that they were trying to play turn them down, but I’m not starting that argument. I’ve been told those two schools decided to play each other instead. This schedule should have Highland Springs more than ready for the postseason.

Unfortunately, Phoebus doesn't make that call. Although, the PD no longer have an official champion, they still have a governing body that makes the district decisions. More than likely the PD will continue playing the same district schedule. This is why Denbigh and Gloucester forfeited games with Phoebus in recent years.

The issue with Phoebus dropping teams vs with what happened with HSHS is probably the size of the schools. HSHS domination also was happening as the school numbers were growing into C6 levels and some of the Hanover schools numbers were dropping. So it was probable easier for the district to agree to these changes. With Phoebus barely being C4 it's probably harder to come up with a real "reason" to drop those teams.

The issue with Phoebus dropping teams vs with what happened with HSHS is probably the size of the schools. HSHS domination also was happening as the school numbers were growing into C6 levels and some of the Hanover schools numbers were dropping. So it was probable easier for the district to agree to these changes. With Phoebus barely being C4 it's probably harder to come up with a real "reason" to drop those teams.
You're still missing the point. Phoebus CAN NOT drop any team off their schedule. PD games are etched in stone as both achools must agree to drop a game first and foremost. Secondly PD Officials have to sign off on it which is likely not going to happen especially when both Hampton City Parks and Recreation and Newport News just invested all that money in adding new artificial turf to Darling Stadium and Todd Field. They aren't dropping anything lol.

You're still missing the point. Phoebus CAN NOT drop any team off their schedule. PD games are etched in stone as both achools must agree to drop a game first and foremost. Secondly PD Officials have to sign off on it which is likely not going to happen especially when both Hampton City Parks and Recreation and Newport News just invested all that money in adding new artificial turf to Darling Stadium and Todd Field. They aren't dropping anything lol.
That's literally what I said. . . I just gave a reason as to why the district let HSHS drop teams vs how the PD is making Phoebus keep the teams

They are only hurting themselves and their gate! I’m sure the gate revenue would be quite different at Darling Stadium and Todd Field if you have Oscar smith coming in to play instead of DenBigh or Gloucester. I know they don’t have any control over it,but when teams just decide to forfeit instead of actually showing up to take a 60 point beat down, things will change quick. We had schools actually threatening to not show up at all. These guys don’t want the kids hurt. Call it what you want, but you get nothing out of a 60 point beat down. I’m glad our area came to their senses and started allowing some of these teams to change their schedule, but the 757 is different. Oh well

Reactions: edwinanderson2nd
That's literally what I said. . . I just gave a reason as to why the district let HSHS drop teams vs how the PD is making Phoebus keep the teams
And you’re right! I see teams all over the Richmond area now able to change their schedule to make the games better and better for the gate. It was really sad to look across the stadium at the opposing team stands, and there were more players on the field than there were in the stands. District play does not exist anymore. I’m not sure if Denby Gloucester and Phoebus are in the same county or not but come on.

Denbigh* is Newport News (City). Phoebus is Hampton (City). Gloucester is the lone HS in Gloucester County.

They are only hurting themselves and their gate! I’m sure the gate revenue would be quite different at Darling Stadium and Todd Field if you have Oscar smith coming in to play instead of DenBigh or Gloucester. I know they don’t have any control over it,but when teams just decide to forfeit instead of actually showing up to take a 60 point beat down, things will change quick. We had schools actually threatening to not show up at all. These guys don’t want the kids hurt. Call it what you want, but you get nothing out of a 60 point beat down. I’m glad our area came to their senses and started allowing some of these teams to change their schedule, but the 757 is different. Oh well
I totally get your point and you're 💯 correct, but unfortunately they're the cards that are dealt to us.

I see what you're saying now. Yeah unfortunately, the problem is Newport News and Hampton city schools are like a joint coalition. Because of the revival of Warwick, Newport News now has an attractive school to draw big numbers for Todd and we all know how big an attraction Phoebus is for Darling. They are not going to feel the need to drop teams from the schedule for both cities now especially with the new renovated stadiums.

I see what you're saying now. Yeah unfortunately, the problem is Newport News and Hampton city schools are like a joint coalition. Because of the revival of Warwick, Newport News now has an attractive school to draw big numbers for Todd and we all know how big an attraction Phoebus is for Darling. They are not going to feel the need to drop teams from the schedule for both cities now especially with the new renovated stadiums.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT