ADVERTISEMENT

St John Bosco vs Oscar Smith

St John Bosco vs Oscar Smith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

757FridayNiteZ

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Sep 9, 2015
I posted on another thread that Oscar Smith HAS indeed knocked off a #6 Nationally Ranked team. But they did not receive too much publicity about it. I think because it was an IN State rivalry game. Then, #6 Ocean Lakes came to Chesapeake vs a Tiger team full of underclassmen. Smith shocked OL & was up 20-0 after almost 3 quarters of the game. Smith won that game 29-19. Ocean Lakes was lead by Coach Scott that year!! The next year his Bishop Sullivan team ALMOST pulled off the upset vs IMG Academy at the VABeach SportsPlex! Those Smith underclassmen went on to play in 3 consecutive State title games despite having different Head Coaches each year AND having several All State players injured or transferred out from those teams!

None of the this helps Smith on the field tomorrow but as a fan it does help add to the hype!!

You all can watch the game on the NFHS Network!!! You know where I'll be.

Tickets can be purchased @ gofan.co pretty sure they will be available at the gates but the lines will be long. Also expect remote, overflow parking @ River Oak Church which is just down the road from the High School.

I posted on another thread that Oscar Smith HAS indeed knocked off a #6 Nationally Ranked team. But they did not receive too much publicity about it. I think because it was an IN State rivalry game. Then, #6 Ocean Lakes came to Chesapeake vs a Tiger team full of underclassmen. Smith shocked OL & was up 20-0 after almost 3 quarters of the game. Smith won that game 29-19. Ocean Lakes was lead by Coach Scott that year!! The next year his Bishop Sullivan team ALMOST pulled off the upset vs IMG Academy at the VABeach SportsPlex! Those Smith underclassmen went on to play in 3 consecutive State title games despite having different Head Coaches each year AND having several All State players injured or transferred out from those teams!

None of the this helps Smith on the field tomorrow but as a fan it does help add to the hype!!

You all can watch the game on the NFHS Network!!! You know where I'll be.

Tickets can be purchased @ gofan.co pretty sure they will be available at the gates but the lines will be long. Also expect remote, overflow parking @ River Oak Church which is just down the road from the High School.
I will be watching this game and the Highland Springs game😁

49-0. A rough game for Smith. It was tough to watch. The Spring graduated talent loss showed itself tonight. Needed a big piece that injured on their OL tonight. Not sure why they didn't run the ball more tonight. The only chance they'd had would have been to try & keep Bosco's offensive possessions down.

Any, got some injuries to heal. I just hope they aren't lingering ones.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
49-0. A rough game for Smith. It was tough to watch. The Spring graduated talent loss showed itself tonight. Needed a big piece that injured on their OL tonight. Not sure why they didn't run the ball more tonight. The only chance they'd had would have been to try & keep Bosco's offensive possessions down.

Any, got some injuries to heal. I just hope they aren't lingering ones.

Yeah, teams like that don't have to worry about what they lose every year. They just reload. Tough loss, but good experience for Smith program.

Boy I am glad Smith has Hickory next week & not I. River or Kings Fork to play immediately after this Bosco game. THE ONLY positives I can pull out of this night. THESE Tigers are likely humbled and hopefully understands nothing is going to be handed to them. They have some work to do & I know the coaches will get them right by the end of the year.

By playing a Private, out of State team, this tough loss will not help or hurt their power rankings. SO, I am thinking the route to play @ Old Dominion still goes through Chesapeake!

" No wonder Va gets very little to no attention nationally. "

Why did you write this?

Last edited:
How does a team manage to get a team from CA to come here and play? Personally i think its great.

" No wonder Va gets very little to no attention nationally. "

Why did you write this?
Va teams get little to no respect on a National level over the years. Having a nationally ranked team come across Country to drop a 49-0 at the Tigers field...OS is probably the best team in Virginia and didn't represent very well in my opinion

They were probably 5 touchdown underdogs going into that game. St John Bosco is no joke. They put up big numbers against a lot of good teams. That is not a game you schedule if you're really worried about the score or W-L imo.

Reactions: SFUWO
They thumped Miami Central as well 35-12. Central is a national power school. The game was over in the first 6 minutes. Guess that hurts Florida's national respect too?

The “best teams in the state” went 0fer against the out of state games, nothing wrong it but we could perform better.

The “best teams in the state” went 0fer against the out of state games, nothing wrong it but we could perform better.
We are judging off of past performances. New season new team. Let's wait till the end of the season before we anoint them the best teams.

We are judging off of past performances. New season new team. Let's wait till the end of the season before we anoint them the best teams.
Emphasis on the “” but they are some of the better representations of VA football over the last 5 years, which is why they are preseason and early season favorites to make state title runs or return to the state championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT