ADVERTISEMENT

Stone Bridge 2023 non-conference (most difficult in the state?)

Dec 20, 2022
1) Good Counsel- top national private from the WCAC that finished 2022 as the #58th ranked team in the country

2) Quince Orchard- 2x defending Maryland State Champion at 4A (their highest level of competition)

3) Martinsburg- down (for them) last year, but still own NINE state championships in the last 13 seasons.

4) Madison- ALWAYS a battle and a team that will be in the 6A conversation.

Coach Thompson is not playing with these games. They will be more than battle tested and ready to make a run when playoff time comes... again.

Last edited:
congrats
now that you are in different classes
I would like to see you and HSHS get together in the beginning of the year.

congrats
I suggested the same thing but I think SB schedule is set for the next 2 years. However, HSHS will play a familiar foe from class 5, I hear they are playing Maury on September 8th at Norfolk State University.

congrats
I don't want to speak for Coach Thompson, but I think that was 100% the goal that just did not work out this year. There was so much debate on who would be 4A vs 5A in Loudoun and it really handcuffed the availability to lock in non-conference opponents. another two rounds vs Freedom (WB) was desired as well.

There is so much respect, from our entire county, for the Highland Springs program. We would all love to see that matchup year in and year out.

Reactions: EPJr and Thomasddev
1) Good Counsel- top national private from the WCAC that finished 2022 as the #58th ranked team in the country

2) Quince Orchard- 2x defending Maryland State Champion at 4A (their highest level of competition)

3) Martinsburg- down (for them) last year, but still own NINE state championships in the last 13 seasons.

4) Madison- ALWAYS a battle and a team that will be in the 6A conversation.

Coach Thompson is not playing with these games. They will be more than battle tested and ready to make a run when playoff time comes... again.
I don't know what all Stone Bridge has coming back, but if anything like last year.. that's not as difficult as it looks. I see at worst one L and three toss ups.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT