ADVERTISEMENT

Terrell Allen - Cape Henry

wgarlick

Writer Virginiapreps.Rivals.Com
Staff
Jul 4, 2006
Terrell Allen put up an MVP performance in the Big Shots AAU tournament. Allen normally plays for the Boo Williams Elite team but joined Wave Basketball for the Big Shots tournament with the Elite team off. The Wave won the championship with a 75-42 win over Boo's 17-Under "B" team. "They are two different caliber teams but I had a chance to play solid minutes for the Wave instead of being the 8th or 9th person off the bench."

Allen (Cape Henry), along with Marquis Barfield (Norview), Glen Polo (Great Bridge), Bobby Thomas (Booker T), Will Wentz (Atlantic Shores), Jay Canty (Norcom), Lashawn Alexander (Booker T), and Marcus Jones (Salem) all played well leading the Wave to a 4-0 finish. Allen averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds during the Big Shots tournament including 25 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assist against the Petersburg Elite. He did his damage on the inside and displayed a mid-range game.
"I play more of a four but I've been working on my perimeter game some so I was able to step out to the wing some," Allen said. "I've been working mainly on trying to be a 3 rather than a 4 because I know once I get to the next level I won't be on the block but more on the outside."

That next level will most likely be a D-1 school as Terrell is receiving interest from a number of schools. "I had an offer from Appalachian State but the coach got fired," Allen said. "But I talked to the (new) coach and he said once they see me play in July the offer should be back on the table."

Allen (6-foot-6, 216) has also heard from Winthrop, VCU, Penn, Fairfield, Army, and Drake. "Education is the number one factor in my decision, then the basketball program. How far it is from home is also important because I want my family to be able to come see me play." carries a GPA around 3.0 and while he's taken both the SAT and ACT, he's still waiting for the results.

Cape Henry had a disappointing season even though Allen had a great season after averaging 17 points and 14 rebounds. He posted 22 double-doubles. How do you follow-up a season like that? "Just being a team leader," Allen said. "Losing in the first round of states is not going to cut it for me next year. My number one goal is to get to the state semi's."

TO as he's know by, "Back in middle school I use to play football and I was only in 6th grade so nobody really knew me. So then I started catching passes and the coaches knew my name was Terrell so the coach was like man you catch balls like (NFL star Terrell Owens). Since both of our first names are Terrell, everybody on the team started calling me that and its just stuck with me."

Football is not the only sport Terrell is familiar with. He made All-TCIS as a Volleyball player. He says "Yeah (volleyball) helps me with timing for blocks," Allen said. "It gives me a chance to focus on something other than basketball while staying in shape."
This post was edited on 6/25 10:43 PM by wgarlick

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News