ADVERTISEMENT

The Quiet and Deadly King George Foxes

BleedingNavy

VaPreps All District
Dec 4, 2013
@FoxesPride, it's time to come out and play. You guys have picked up three solid wins and accrued some nice rider points. Based on early losses in Region B, I think you guys should go undefeated and earn the number #1 seed. You know we have all been checking out your games on our NHFS subscription so there are no secrets anymore. We know the Foxes are good so tell us a little about your team.

We lost some key pieces from last year, but we’ve had some kids step up and fill in admirably. I think we are weaker in some areas and stronger in others. Not sure if we are as good as last year, only time will tell. GREAT coaching staff that gets better and better as well. There, I said a lot without tea saying anything! 😎 I think points are important, I truly believe that if we were the number one seed last year we would have won it all, not to take anything away from Dinwiddie. We should be the number one seed if we win out.

Some don't believe it, but I still think home field advantage matters. KG and Dinwiddie were so closely matched. Those two teams could have played 10 times and had a different winner each game.

I don't see a lot of weaknesses in the Foxes including the coaching staff. I was impressed with their preparation last year. @FoxesPride I hope all is well with you and the family. I am not going to let you lay around in the weeds just reading.

Last edited:
We lost some key pieces from last year, but we’ve had some kids step up and fill in admirably. I think we are weaker in some areas and stronger in others. Not sure if we are as good as last year, only time will tell. GREAT coaching staff that gets better and better as well. There, I said a lot without tea saying anything! 😎 I think points are important, I truly believe that if we were the number one seed last year we would have won it all, not to take anything away from Dinwiddie. We should be the number one seed if we win out.

Going undefeated does not necessarily win you the first seed it all depends on who you're playing

Not sure who saw but eastern view had a big win last night. They might finish 9-1

Reactions: mike salem
With the schedule King George plays, this year should be a cake walk for y’all. Gonna hurt ya in the playoffs though

@Kilroy25, I used to think that way when Eastern View would coast through the regular season, get a decent seed instead of the top, and then march into the playoff healthy. After seeing Dinwiddie play Eastern View in some hard fought contest (2017, 2018, and 2019) I kind of changed my mind. Although, I don't agree with good Class 4 teams (King George 2022 and EV 2023) playing Class 1 teams like Westmoreland I cannot question their success. King George has played Varina tough two years in a row and beat a very good Monacan team in the short Covid season. I do agree that playing a non-competitive schedule can cause a bit of shock if you get punched in the mouth come playoff time, but after watching the Foxes I feel comfortable with their ability to beat anyone in the state. Simply said if you want to beat the Foxes you better be able to score points. Watching KG on film does not do them justice. If you did not see the Dinwiddie vs. KG game live last year you have no idea how talented both teams were. 2016 final against Salem and 2022 KG region final may be the two best HS games I have ever witnessed live.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT