ADVERTISEMENT

Unofficial 1A Region A Playoff Pairings (Girls and Boys)

bpsdrefromva

VaPreps Honorable Mention
Gold Member
Sep 2, 2005
Charles City, VA
www.nkccnews.com
Unofficial 1A Region A Boys Rankings

1. Surry County

2. Rappahannock

3. Franklin

4. Colonial Beach

5. Northampton

6. Lancaster

7. King & Queen

8. Washington & Lee

9. Mathews

10. Sussex Central

11. Charles City

12. Northumberland

Unofficial 1A Region A Girls Rankings

1. Surry County

2. Washington & Lee

3. West Point

4. Chincoteague

5. Middlesex

6. Lancaster

7. Rappahannock

8. Northampton

9. Sussex Central

10. Mathews

11. Franklin

12. Essex

First Round Matchups and Expected Times

Girls- Feb. 15, 2019

#12 Essex at #5 Middlesex 6 p.m. (Winner plays at #4 Chincoteague on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

#11 Franklin at #6 Lancaster 6 p.m. (Winner plays at #3 West Point on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

#10 Mathews at #7 Rappahannock 6 p.m. (Winner plays at #2 Washington & Lee on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

#9 Sussex Central at #8 Northampton 6 p.m. (Winner plays at #1 Surry County on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

Boys- Feb. 15, 2019

#12 Northumberland at #5 Northampton 8 p.m. (Winner plays at #4 Colonial Beach on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

#11 Charles City at #6 Lancaster 8 p.m. (Winner plays at #3 Franklin on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

#10 Sussex Central at #7 King & Queen 6 p.m. (Winner plays at #2 Rappahannock on Feb. 19, 6 p.m.)

#9 Mathews at #8 Washington & Lee 6 p.m. (Winner plays at #1 Surry County on Feb. 19, 8 p.m.)

Last edited:
I definitely don't understand the points system at all. Colonial Beach wins the NND, which is arguably the toughest district in the state at the 1A level and they also beat Rappahannock twice, yet Rapp gets the two seed and CB gets the 4 seed and rewarded with being on the same side of the bracket as Surry, and a potential semifinal game with them if seedings hold.

Last edited:
It's all about overall record which I'm sure you are aware of. Rapp finished 17-4, while Colonial Beach was 15-5.

Yeah I know. Just kind of defeats the purpose of winning your district in my opinion. I know I've seen in the past in baseball and softball for instance, a team has a better record because of playing weaker competition, yet when the regionals roll around they get destroyed. Also I guess Franklin is rewarded for playing in a district with 2A and 3A teams because I think they have like 7 or 8 losses. That's why I always leave the points stuff in basketball, football etc to you guys. Lol

The old system I would like to see come back where it mattered if you won the district and earn that seed for the regional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT